This App is based on content licensed from Mayo Clinic and helps travelers safeguard their health before, during and after travel. This App is developed by experienced travel medicine consultants from Mayo Clinic focusing on your health during travel and provides tips for preventing and handling illnesses while traveling. Providers refer their patients to this App so that travelers have the information when they need.
The App is easy to use:
1. Find your destination by browsing or searching from the home screen.
2. When you find your destination country, press “Add This to My Trips”
3. Get a list of recommended vaccines by pressing “Health and Vaccinations”. (If you have not received the recommended vaccines for this trip, contact your healthcare provider). This section also tells you if you need to take medicine for malaria prevention (an infection transmitted by mosquitoes that attacks and breaks down red blood cells in your body).
4. “Packing List” recommends things you should carry with you for that trip (touching the radial buttons marks those items complete). You can modify this list and add new items.
5. “To Do” section reminds you of important travel and health related preparations you need to make before your trip. Add or delete items based on your needs.
6. Save your travel documents and health related information in “My Stuff” section.
Details of App features:
Customized recommendations for travel health based on your travel itinerary. Recommendations on safe travel for sick travelers.
Licensed Mayo Clinic's content for "Health" section provides information on symptoms and prevention strategies for a broad range of travel related illnesses including Jet Lag and Sleep, Motion and Altitude Sickness, Travel Diarrhea, insect transmitted illnesses and many more.
Latest safety alerts are a touch away. Navigate to Travel Alerts and Warnings issued by US Department of State (links provided in the app). While in this section, enroll in Smart Travel Enrollment Program (STEP), a free service to allow U.S. citizens/Nationals traveling abroad to enroll with the local U.S. Embassy.
The app provides simple exercises that can be performed with limited leg space on board aircraft. How? Well, we've got pictures to show you how. Stay fit while on board aircraft and prevent the dreaded blood clots in the legs.
What if you lose your passport while traveling? We've got you covered. Store all your travel documents in "My Stuff" section.
The app lets you store Immunization records, your doctor’s contact information, list of allergies, medication information (pictures of pills, dosages, frequency) and your health insurance information. This information can be life saving in case you lose your luggage and medications kept in it (Trust us, it happens more frequently than you think).
Store unlimited customized items with pictures in the “My Stuff” Custom Item section of the App. It is up to your imagination as you can use the packing list as your shopping list. All information is stored on your device, making it available when needed and eliminating cloud-based document storage risk.
Upon return, archive the trip and you can use your customized lists for your next destination (a great feature for frequent fliers).
Friendly reminder: Keep in mind that this app is not a replacement for consultation with a Travel Medicine Doctor or your primary healthcare provider. Your medical condition may warrant precautions that your Doctor may tell you. So pay a visit before travel.
This is the only App that has information on Hajj and Umrah.
- bug fix to support iOS 10.
- Clinicians will now be able to use this App to prepare travelers for their travel by recommending immunizations, vaccines and medications. Theme Trips now list countries most frequently traveled. App saves the Clinicians precious time and provides latest information using CDC website link. Also provides link to CDC Zika travel information. Also added Pregnant women travel section under theme trip. Clinicians refer this App to travelers.
Ratings and Reviews
Good home base for important info
I like this app because it has brings together information on health and security from the CDC and State Dept. It’s also good that the health info comes straight from Mayo Clinic MDs. I like that it also has places to store my passport and visa info, since some countries ask you to surrender your passport upon entry. This allows you some identification still. Just being able to look up country-specific vaxx info or pet info is great too...usually I spend a lot of time on various websites trying to find that info. Other travel apps make you pay for 1 or 2 of these features but they’re combined here in one app.
Great app love the functionality of saving passport and visa info. No more pulling out passports from carry on in flights. Packing list and to do list is included. Others charge .99 for packing list only. Lot of good info on finger tips for travelers like me.
- Travel Health & Wellness L. L. C.
- 67.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Travel Health & Wellness LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.