Track your workouts and get on your way to your weight loss and fitness goals.
My Workout+ is the only workout tracking app made by a fitness professional! We are proud to bring you the first ever complete workout tracking solution. My Workout+ has been formulated after years of frustration and wasted money spent on trying to find a decent workout tracking app to use in our daily lives.
My Workout+ brings your workout tracking notebook to the 21st century providing you with a magnitude of rich features, all while keeping the fact that you are tracking your workout on a phone in mind.
With My Workout+ you will be on track to hitting personal records and making the progress you could previously only dream about.
Thank you for your continued support of My Workout+ We are here with a big update.
• Swipe for more actions We want to make it easier to track your workout, so now there are swipe actions for almost all lists. Wether you are deleting a set, duplicating it or anything else just swipe left on the menu item and you will see the options
• Macros, Inc community. We have partnered with Macros Inc to provide you with a health and fitness community that we trust. You can open the community straight through the settings page in the app
• UI Enhancements and bug fixes
• Small bug fix when showing exercise list
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but not great.
I’ve waited a week to write my review, so I’ll get right to it.
Pros: it seems to work fine without internet connection. That was a huge issue with BodySpace; the app I used before, I’ll be comparing them a lot due to my frame of reference. I didn’t mind the upfront cost, I prefer it to some of the others that use subscription fees. I haven’t made a ton of workout plans, but there doesn’t seem to be an imposed limit like BodySpace. The design is simple. The totals of weigh lifted by each muscle at the end is pretty cool as well. The graphs the app makes for volume is also nice.
Cons: my biggest pet peeve is having to manually start the clock after each set. The workout database seems to be large, but the amount of information on how to do the exercises correctly is scarce, most don’t even have photos. I don’t like that you can’t make the workout with a predetermined amount of reps to do without having to “do” the workout; by that I mean putting 0 in weights and adding sets one by one. I don’t like that you can’t just simply review the plan you’ve made without adding it to the calendar day or editing it. I don’t like that it doesn’t give you a start and finish time. I don’t like how bodyweight exercises still require you put a weight. I don’t like the superset feature, it’s super confusing.
Overall, it’s a good app and I think I’ll continue using it over BodySpace, but in my opinion; for whatever it’s worth, it’s got a lot of room for improvement.
Great app and great price
So far this app and the macro app have been serving me very well. A couple things I would like to see in the future would be the following. For the my workout app I suggest being able to copy days that you’ve already completed without having to save them. I’d also like if there was a way to show progress over time in the form of a metric based on total weight or volume over a selected period in time. This way I can see how well I’ve down or not done in the past month. For the macro app, it appears that some foods are not quite as accurate as I would like. I know it’s hard to compare with MyFitnessPal, but the food database seems like it needs to grow in its accuracy a bit more. I still love it and use it daily. All in all I would highly recommend these two apps for someone who takes fitness and health as a lifestyle.
Great Potential; Few Issues
Overall, I like this app a lot. It is much easier to use than the BodySpace app I was using before. That said, I have a few annoyances which I hope can be addressed in a future update.
1) There is no easy way to take a manually entered workout for a day and save it as template for future sessions. For instance, I purchased the app right before my gym session today. I immediately began adding workouts manually for my Back/Bicep day. It was later that I found you could create and save templates, but that I’d have to re-create my entire workout manually again since there was no way to create a template from a prior workout or turn the workout into a template.
2) Speaking of templates, editing them is a pain; there is no margin for error when creating one. Tap the wrong workout? Have to start all over because there is no way to remove one. Tap add set one too many times? Same thing.
3) Unlike the macro companion app, this one seems to be missing a way to relaunch tutorials? That would be useful since the first time I booted this up was at the gym and I was more focused on my workout than my phone.
Other than that, I’m happy with this purchase overall! Sadly, not so much with the companion app. Hoping both continue to improve moving forward.
Developer Response ,
Hi Krahnin, Thanks a lot for your review and good news is that some of the things you mentioned are already possible in the app
1) You can turn your already tracked workouts into saved workouts by taping the settings button on the top right corner of the workout log page, and then hit "Save Day". This will take that workout and add it to the "Saved Workouts" library.
2) If you accidentally tap the wrong exercise while creating your saved workout you can just tap it again to uncheck it.
For removing sets and reshowing the tutorials you are absolutely correct and we will get those in place right away. Thank you very much for your honest review and please let us know if you have any questions through our in app support.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.