My Writing Desk - The Perfect Document Writer & Text Editor with Google Docs™ Sync
By Wombat Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Aspiring novelist, poet, journalist, short story writer, or just a hobbyist writer? My Writing Desk for iPad is your space to express yourself in a clean, distraction-free environment.
"The efficiency of this app means you can focus on the task in hand. It's a wonderful offering."
"A perfect tool for writers. This app has been designed to be very simple, clean, and uncluttered so it will feel as though you're at your quiet desk at home with the space you need."
Use this beautifully designed workspace to craft your masterpiece. We've added numerous features to make writing a joy on your iPad, including:
- A minimalist, distraction-free writing space.
- Enhanced keyboard with easy character and word positioning, tabbing, and more.
- Character and word counts (great for NaNoWriMo!).
- Unlimited reorderable folders in which to save documents.
- Fast full text search.
- Sort documents by name or date modified.
- Light and dark writing modes.
- Automatic spellcheck.
- Lots of gorgeous fonts in various sizes.
- Export via email, or to a printable PDF file.
- Print via AirPrint.
- Open in iBooks, Evernote, Dropbox, and others (if those apps are installed).
- Two-way sync with Google Docs™! Just log into your account in the app, and you can backup your documents to the cloud. If you make changes in your web browser, you can pull those back into the app by syncing again.
This is the perfect app for anyone who is or wants to be a writer. Take advantage of the distinct beauty and portability of the iPad -- what better on-the-go writing tool could exist?
With the cloud sync feature, you can edit your documents on your computer's web browser and have the changes appear in the app. That way, you'll never miss an opportunity to write another paragraph or jot down another idea.
Upgrade to Premium for the ultimate writing platform. Premium features include:
- Full access to MyWritingApp.com, where you can view, edit, and share your documents and index cards.
- Seamless syncing between devices and the web. Cloud backups keeps all your data safe.
- Create both documents and index card boards in the same file system.
- Collaborate with others in real time.
- Premium users get their own personal website where they can showcase their work.
Get started today on your next writing endeavor. Clear out the clutter, focus, and let loose your creativity with My Writing Desk for iPad!
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Minor bug fixes.
Pretty Awesome little program
Okay so I may be writing this prematurely because I've only had this app for a few days but so far I'm loving it. It did crash on me early on and seems a little glitchy but then again, so am I. I love the whole ability to use bulletin boards (real looking ones) and pin post cards on them. I was able to toss all my REAL post cards for my characters - at least the ones the dog didn't eat. If this program is as reliable as I hope it is, when I get published I will mention you guys as the go to App for writers. Now don't you hope I get published? Seriously though, thanks for making a writing app that doesn't give me a major brain bleed just figuring it out. I have enough to think about without learning all the ins and outs of some complicated program. Kudos.
Perfect for beginners
This app is the best thing you could possibly wish for if your just starting to wright. I do wish the controls were labeled with better descriptions of their purpose and functions. This thing is great. It gives you a word count for each document. I would highly recommend paying for the yearly membership. It backs up to a free unlimited cloud, and automatically shares to each of your devices.
Fairly Basic | Deceptive Marketing
When I purchase a 5$ application, I assume it will have all of the functionality as described. In this instance, their annual charge is the automatic backup feature. GoogleDocs is a manual process on this application. Making it so that, if I forgot to sync manually, and the iPad takes a tumble, I may lose my writing. I feel like the Subscription model should have been clearly laid out beforehand. If you're going to charge an asinine 20$ a year, you might as well make this a free application to increase the larger sales. All-in-all, I feel deceived, and like I've wasted my money.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 23, 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Wombat Apps LLC
- © Wombat Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Access (One Year)$19.99