myBeerNation - Beer Journal and Brewery Finder
By Looking West
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find It, Drink It, Review It!
-Over 4,000 breweries from all over the world, and growing all the time
-Search breweries and beers by name, city, state, or your nearest location
-Keep track of breweries visited
-Beer Journal - Keep track of beers you have tried
-Detailed brewery information: address, website, phone number, brewery tours, tasting room, beer-to-go, and food
-In depth beer review form with 25 different categories
-Brewery Map – See where the breweries are located
-Add photos of beers to your journal
-Email journal entry to friends including photos
-Sync multiple devices together – Add a journal on your iPhone then view and edit on your iPad
-Post journals to Facebook, Twitter, and Evernote
-Cloud data backup
myBeerNation is a comprehensive brewery finder and personal beer journal with a detailed beer evaluation form for the iPad and iPhone. This all-in-one app is for everyone who enjoys visiting breweries or likes to try different beers at your neighborhood bar. myBeerNation is perfect for the casual beer drinker or full-fledged beer judge. All you have to do is Find It, Drink It, Review It!
Find It! Use the brewery finder to locate breweries from around the world, myBeerNations is one of the most comprehensive brewery databases on the market today. There are over 3,200 breweries from the large contract breweries to small nano breweries. The brewery database displays search results as you type. Simply type in a city or state, beer name, or just part of the brewery’s name and the results will display instantly! Searching for the closest brewery to your location is also fast and easy. Once you find a brewery, the detailed brewery information page will provide the address, map of the area, brewery’s website, and phone number. But this app doesn’t stop there... you’ll also find information on brewery tours, tasting rooms, food, and even if the brewery offers beer-to-go! The database is constantly being updated so when a new beer is added, it is automatically added to your device. You can also keep track of the breweries you have visited.
Drink It! Whether it is at the brewery, the bar, or even your house, you can use myBeerNation anywhere!
Review It! Everyone’s taste buds are different, that is why we focus on your personal beer drinking experience. myBeerJournal is centered around you! Your journal entry is as in-depth as you want it to be… simply rate the beer or you can critique each beer from the head size, body clarity, aroma, taste and even mouth feel. It’s up to you! It’s your beer journal! myBeerJournal is perfect for remembering that fantastic beer you had last night, last week, or even last year. Your journal is always there to remind you what you liked about a beer and what you didn’t. You can even share your journal with your friends.
Sync up! If you have an iPhone and an iPad, you can link the two devices together seamlessly. Add a beer on your iPhone at your neighborhood bar, when you get home its already updated on your iPad. Once you have synced your device, all of your journal entries are backed up in our cloud database. If you lose your iPhone or iPad, you can retrieve all of your information on your new device with one simple step! Your journals will always be there.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Replaced sidebar with tab navigation.
- Added brewery lists: “Favorited”, “Wish List”, and “Toured”.
- Added search to journals.
- New journals and edits automatically save in case the app quits before saving. ‘Unsaved Journals’ appear at the top of the journals list.
- Breweries and Journals are processed by the app in small chunks as they are downloaded, improving performance.
- Changed ’Serving Type’ journal property to a button with more options: ‘Sample’, ‘Flight’, ‘Growler’, and ‘Cask’, plus allow user custom options.
- Added glass styles ‘Sample/Taster’ and ‘Flight’ with icons.
- Added ‘Free’ and clear buttons to the ‘Price’ journal property.
- Added ‘Food Pairing’ journal property.
- Added ‘Size’ property to journal, defaults to 16 ounces (oz) in the US and 0,5 Liters (L) elsewhere.
- Add breweries sort option, “by City”.
- New journal sharing dialog with more options.
- Added map page option to see Standard, Hybrid, or Satellite view and options to turn off flag pins.
- Added state names and country flags to the brewery list headers.
- Fixed bug that prevented journals from downloading when there are a large number of journals.
- Add option to allow user to delete the photo for a journal.
- The visited, favorited, etc. lists now merge correctly when syncing.
- Fixed a long-time problem with the journal section headers not appearing in some cases. Also improved animation in and out of editing a journal.
- myBeerNation now requires iOS7 and newer.
I love this app! I have been using my 'notes' in my phone to keep track of the beers I have tried, but it's very lack luster to say the least. I tried a free app, but it did not list the beers the way I like and I want a place for notes if I choose to add any. This app allows you to sort your list. While my preference is by brewery, you can choose to sort by beer name, date of entry, your ranking, beer style, ABV %, IBU, or price.
When looking at a brewery, it shows you if they have a tasting room, tours, or food. You can mark whether you have visited it, toured it, if it's on your wish list, or if it's your favorite. It usually already has the beers that that brewery makes for you to select from, but you can also add to the list if it is not there. It also has the address, phone number and a link to the brewery's website.
The map feature lets you see where the breweries are and if you marked as visited or toured.
I like the fact that it syncs to all my devices (iPad & iPhone). I'm in the processing of transferring my notes to this.
I have two improvements I recommend:
1. The ability to share your list with others. Maybe it has it, and I just haven't found it yet.
2. Since it lists the beers already for most of the breweries, why can't it already have the style, ABV, & IBU?
Thank you for this app!!!
Good beer journal
From all the other apps I've tried many this is by far the best! I love keeping track of the different breweries I go to and beers I drink. I think this is well put together. I recommend it! One thing I hope is changed is that the already added beers in the library that I add to my journal pass the info like % alcohol, IBU, etc.
This is the perfect app for keeping track of what beer you have tried and your ratings.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 18.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Looking West Apps LLC
- © 2015 Looking West Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.