Bayer’s myBETAapp™ can help support your treatment experience.
myBETAapp™ is designed to assist you with managing your injections. It allows you to record your injection information manually or by connecting with the BETACONNECT™ autoinjector.
The app can only be used by patients who are at least 18 years old and have been prescribed Bayer’s treatment for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
Please use these URLs to access the Important Safety Information, Full Prescribing Information, BETACONNECT™ Instructions For Use (IFU), and myBETAapp™ Instructions For Use (IFU).
• Important Safety Information: www.betaseronISI.com
• Prescribing Information: www.betaseronPI.com
• BETACONNECT™ IFU: www.betaconnectIFU.com
• myBETAapp™ IFU: www.myBETAappIFU.com
myBETAapp™ includes the following features and functions:
1. Displays scheduled injections according to the injection routine (i.e. one injection every other day).
2. Displays recommended injection sites on the body, based on the recommended injection site rotation (injection sites are based on the standard rotation scheme).
3. Displays a monthly calendar of scheduled and recorded injections.
4. Connects with the BETACONNECT™ autoinjector via Bluetooth® technology to transfer injection data recorded with the BETACONNECT™ autoinjector.
5. Sends reminders to you*.
6. Records indicators of health and wellness and summarizes the information in a chart. (This feature is not available in all countries.)
7. Allows you to share your information†, including details of your injections, with your BETA Nurse or healthcare team if you opt to do so. (This feature is not available in all countries.)
8. Receives messages from your BETA Nurse. (This feature is not available in all countries.)
*The reminder is not synchronized with the reminder used in the BETACONNECT™ autoinjector. You may get reminders from both your BETACONNECT™ autoinjector and from myBETAapp™ at different times. Make sure that you only take your medication as prescribed by your physician.
†Healthcare professionals must have the BETACONNECT™ Navigator software and configure it properly, and a patient must have sharing enabled in myBETAapp for HCPs to obtain this information.
Bayer values your comments, questions and concerns posted on the App Store. As responding within the App Store is limited, please contact us directly at 1-844-351-5696. Please note that we will not provide any information about products. In case of questions regarding our products, please contact your physician or pharmacist. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, contact your healthcare professional immediately.
myBETAapp™ is not intended to offer or replace professional medical advice. If you have any questions regarding your RRMS treatment please contact your physician.
BAYER, the Bayer Cross, BETAPLUS and BETASERON are registered trademarks of Bayer. myBETAapp and BETACONNECT are trademarks of Bayer.
Bug fixes and editorial changes
Ratings and Reviews
I don't want to use the Bluetooth. It eats the battery and every time I open the app it tells me to enable it. I don't want to use it!! And the notifications don't pop on my phone anymore - can't figure that out either!!
I understand now about he notifications. Got it. And I actually do GET the concept of Bluetooth. I know that you can "simply" turn it off when you are done. But really?? How many more steps do I need to do to use an app that was JUST FINE before?? And if I happen to forget to turn off the Bluetooth (welcome to the world of MS) then it will continue searching for ANYTHING to connect to Bluetooth - which is what in fact drains the battery.
A WHOLE NEW WORLD OF MESSED UP!! Now the APP doesn’t work at all with the iOS update - thanks for the warning!!! An email or text or some advance notice that it wasn’t going to work would have been nice!! NOPE!! Just a BIG ‘OL NOPE!! When I tried to record my injection!! Tech support was also basically useless saying they still have to “test” it! Yeah - I get it, but didn’t you know when Apple was releasing their software update?? Would have thought you could have made that happen!! Or at least let us know!! Again, having to remember a bunch of things isn’t all that easy for people with this issue!! KNOW YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! If I treated my customers this way I would be out if a job!!
The product is designed to automatically sync with your BETACONNECT autoinjector in the background, downloading injections without additional user steps. Therefore the popup screen appears every time you open myBETAapp with de-activated Bluetooth. The app will continue working as expected when selecting "OK" and in this case you can use it without synchronization to your BETACONNECT autoinjector.
We continously are looking for ideas on how to improve this product and appreciate your feedback. Please contact our Technical Support via the toll free phone number 1-844-351-5696 or https://uk.bc-app.com/support with any constructive feedback you have.
Unacceptable to Me - Enable The Old App Again!!!
I didn't want to leave a star at all, but that wasn't an option. I am extremely frustrated with this app. The old one worked perfectly fine and if the information sharing was the main reason for the change, I'm sure there would have been a way to add something to have that functionality on demand. I have used the old app for years and have very much depended on it when my memory didn't serve me well for remembering the day or injection location.
I don't really use Bluetooth so have been recording manually in the new app while testing it out. But when I did connect the other day just to check it out, the app removed all my injection data from the days that were manually recorded. The fact that I injected was still listed, but none of the site or time information was there anymore.
But THE WORST thing about his new app is that it literally does not work when there is no network connection. So in airplane mode or in areas with no cell coverage (which happens here in the CO mountains or WY plains) and no wifi, this app does not even open.
So now I have to write down and take paper reminders when traveling, camping, etc.
Personally, I could care less about Bluetooth connectivity with my injector or whatever sharing options there are, but I do understand that this may be important to some people.
Having an app that is 100% network dependent, however, is unacceptable to me.
Bayer choses business metrics over patients choice
WHY DISABLE THE OLD APP? Had used MyBetaApp for years with no issues. Now Bayer has has gone from providing patients a service to gathering data points for their business gain. What a disappointment Bayer has taken away a patients choice and demand we assimilate to big business needs. Bayer has shown me they care only about their data points. I tried using the app, but after inputting to much personal information and lot numbers and Bluetooth sync, I’m done with it all. Bayer’s decision with this app made my choice an easy one. I’ve made an appt with my Neurologist and will be switching meds. Bayer, you really don’t care about me you just want data points.
Sharing of data with a BETA Nurse (the feature you are upset about) is NOT a requirement to use the new myBETAapp. Users of the app can easily turn off data sharing capability, in the Settings section of the app menu. If you continue to have difficulties in understanding the various options you can choose for setting up the myBETAapp, please contact our Technical Support via the toll-free phone number 1-844-351-5696 or access https://uk.bc-app.com/support.
- Bayer Aktiengesellschaft
- 3.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Bayer AG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.