myCardLists Christmas Card Address Label Printing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Just what you need to organize your Christmas card or other mailing list. You will save so much time by printing the addresses to Avery and similar label sheets. Top 5 Utilities App last Christmas on USA (4) and UK(1) stores.
• No more forgetting to send a holiday card – use your list year after year.
• All the usual label sheet types supported.
• Personalize your labels with an image or photo e.g. Christmas icon
• Create Return address labels.
• Create Custom labels e.g. for produce labels.
• Record when cards have been written, mailed, hand-delivered or sent as eCards.
• Number of stamps required displayed for each list.
• Record when cards have been received.
• Enter names and addresses manually, or select from your Contacts.
• Print directly from your iPad or iPhone via Airprint-enabled printer.
• Email list to your computer and print from there.
• Store extra information e.g. names of children, when to send the card, type of card this person likes etc.
• Also use for Thanksgiving & Easter card lists, plus a General type which can be renamed as needed e.g. birthday cards, New Year cards, Party/Wedding invitations etc. The app can be also just for general mailing lists.
• Lists can be copied from iPhone to iPad etc. using the dropbox backup and restore feature.
• Check person’s history e.g. to see when they last sent you a card. Should you still send if you haven’t received a card from them for a few years!
• Use “alias” for cards. e.g. you can import “Mr John Smith” from Contacts, but display and print “John and Mary” or “The Smiths” etc.
• Great reviews – see below.
Check the support web site for instructions on using the app (http://www.mycardlists.net/).
Also, if you are having any problems or suggestions, please contact HamiltonApps via the support email address, firstname.lastname@example.org .
"This app, however, is nothing short of brilliant, easy to use and printing sensible labels."
"This is a superb program and does what it says simply and efficiently. The developer also responds promptly to emailed suggestions for improvements. Importing from Contacts works well and amendments are instantly carried through. My Christmas cards have never been sent out so early!"
"I love how this app has streamlined addressing my Christmas cards!! Thank you!!"
"myCardLists delivers an extremely effective way to manage card lists which in my view means the ability to easily compose lists from your Contacts, get the labels printed, and keep track of the cards you received and those you sent! Add the ability to manually enter list members, assign nicknames, select from multiple addresses, intelligent handling the country portion of the address, accommodate a large range of label types, AirPrint directly or produce a PDF of the labels, clone new lists from existing lists, all wrapped in a visually pleasing interface. Winner! I love spending 99 cents and getting and app that focuses on only doing a few things, and does them very well!"
"I hate addressing my Christmas cards. This app made it very easy to make labels from my iPad. I don't have a printer that works with my iPad yet, so I really appreciated having the capability to send them as a PDF to my email address. The app is awesome..."
“Just what you need at this time of year - a reliable self updating list to speed up sending out cards. This is the third or fourth year I've used it and it just gets better and better.”
“After years of tearing my hair out trying to get labels out of my iphone/iPad/iMac combo, an app that actually does what it promised!”
What's New in Version 4.31
Fixes bug which resulted in Contacts Groups popup not displaying correctly on a few user's iPads.
Great App, Great Support!
A year ago, I wrote a postivie review of this app after contact with the developer. And here I am again, singing the praises of this app and its developer!
I first found this app last year when searcing for a solution to a problem introduced with El Capitan, and not fixed in macOS Sierra. The problem on the Mac is with Contacts. No matter what you adjust in settings in Contacts on the Mac, address labels are printed out with last name first. I think this looks cheesy and classless when printing labels for holiday cards. Unacceptable.
So I found myCardLists. It imported my Holiday Card List from Contacts, and printed just fine to my sheets of labels. Beautiful!
This year, after finding that Apple had not fixed the bug in Contacts, I went to myCardLists again. But this year, I couldn't get my Holiday Card List to display. I contacted the developer directly through the app, and within only a few hours, heard back. He and I stayed in close contact via email, and I even got to assist with the developer testing the cure. It was a matter of a very few days to arrive at the solution - which leads to this most recent update to myCardLists. What a great response, what great support, what a great app!
If you're looking for an app that will work with Contacts, and print labels that print first name first and last name last, you need this app. Highly recommended!
Love This App!
I've used this app for two years now for Christmas card label printing. It imports addresses from my contacts smooth and easily and I can edit the name of the contact with the label list. (So if I've got my contact as an individual coworker but have his home address I can edit the name in the app to say "The John Smith Family" without bothering my actual contact information) It seamlessly updates contact info in the app when I update it in my contacts as well. It sees the printer on my wifi network with no problems and all I had to do this year was stuff some label sheets into the printer and tell it to print the list. Easy peesy!
Love love love it! Now we get our cards out BEFORE Christmas! ;-)
Terrific App; Font Sizes; Sharing Files
Once again I am compelled to praise this app. Over the years there have been a number of significant improvements. There are a great variety of text fonts and sizes, but it's hard to judge the size (how many letters or numbers will fit on one line of a label) from the list you select from, only when you print. I would dearly love to be able to share card files among my iOS devices – my iPad and my iPhone. There is a way to do this using Dropbox but I haven't quite figured it out and would greatly prefer iCloud. But these are nits; it's a great, flexible, adaptable app
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 21, 2016
- Version: 4.31
- Size: 15.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: N Hamilton
- © 2016 Nigel Hamilton
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.