myComics for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read your comic books, mangas and graphic novels on your iPad using this award-winning reader. myComics for iPad lets you view your PDF, CBR, CBZ, RAR, ZIP files as well as the rich AVE format (introduced by AveComics).
Books are beautifully rendered on shelves and collections let you keep your library organized and easy to browse. Transferring files to your BookShelf is extremely easy either using iTunes or over a WiFi connection.
- bookshelf and reader for your PDF,CBZ,CBR,ZIP comic archives.
- AVE Reader included for content produced in AVE Format.
- ability to upload comic books via iTunes or via a local connection between your device and your computer,
- easily tag your comics with publisher, author, collection information
- view your comics by collections. Quickly switch between collections.
- view your comics by author or publishers
- use our customized PDF viewer to read your PDF files
- Ability to search books by name,
- Full support for multi-touch, swipe gestures, zoom gestures, portrait and landscape mode,
- Go to any page instantly using a dedicated page scroller.
Lean back and enjoy your comics with the unique AveComics reading experience;
If you want to read more comics and discover the capabilties of the AVE format, developped for the best possible reading experience on any screen, you can download the AveComics reader/store from iTunes.
AveComics has some features that make it different from other comic book apps on the AppStore.
- Over 500 titles available...and counting,
- AveComics it's several reading modes : page mode (like all other readers) and animated mode, automatic mode or manual,
- AveComics is the only comic book reader that lets you share ANIMATED previews on facebook. Not only covers, not only text...but interactive animations,
- AveComics is a platform. You buy ONCE, you read ANYWHERE, in a format that is suited to your device (computer, smartphones...).
What's New in Version 1.2
Added support for reading digital comics created with ComicComposer.
Fixed minor bugs.
I'm sorry that I purchased this app. I have always wanted to edit the tags for my comics, so I could have Batman all listed--I have a database brain and like things sorted and categorized. This app seemed to do that, and it does, sort of. But if you have 50 zillion issues of a certain kind, how do you tell them apart? The issue number, of course! The thing that is lacking from the fields provided for editing the info for each comic. Additionally, it takes a loooooooong time to load a single comic. All the other comic readers do it in a flash. So really, this was is a waste of my money and time.
Could be better
My comics re PDFs which do not require extraction but still look a bit blurry when opened (pixilated) but this improves after a few seconds - per page. Comic covers in the "shelf" look very compressed/blurry which defeats the purpose of the visual organization. Improving these issues would be helpful. Also, unable to move multiple comics no a collection at the same time -too time consuming one by one. Decent start but needs improvement.
What a revoltin development
I've loaded and deleted this app numerous times only to have the daggum thing crash overs and over again. The saddest thing is I bamboozled myself into paying for it. When it works it's amazing..... Just to bad that it doesn't work like 99 percent of the time. And what's with the load time..... So much for bathroom reading. Anyhoo I'm off to delete and load up this app again hopefully it works this time.