The MyFlex app makes it easy to submit claims for all benefits administered by your plan service provider:
• Healthcare and dependent care – for quick reimbursement
• Debit Card receipts – to verify your card transactions, as required by the IRS
• Commuter and adoption claims – for quick reimbursement
Use this app to submit claims any time:
• Healthcare and adoption claims – simply take a photo of your receipt with your phone
• Dependent care claims – capture your provider’s signature in the app or submit a photo of your receipt
• Commuter claims – simply take a photo of your receipt (if you have one)
Use this app to submit Debit Card receipts any time:
• Immediately after you use your Debit Card
• Later, after your plan service provider asks you to submit a receipt to verify an eligible expense
• View your current account balance and other important plan info
• View all payment activity for all programs, just like on our website
• View the Account Statement for available programs, just like on our website
• Help on how to submit claims and receipts, and next steps
Ratings and Reviews
Worse than useless
I use this app so I can manage my flex spending account that is offered through my employer. I rely solely on a flex spending credit card that I use to pay for co-pays and prescriptions and other medical related expenses. Some types of transactions require that receipt be submitted for proof of payment. It’s very difficult to determine when I need to submit a receipt. Often times I don’t realize a receipt is needed until my credit card no longer functions. I wanted this app to help me determine when a receipt needs to be sent in but it’s absolutely worthless for that use. As I write this at the end of 2017 the app shows miscellaneous card transactions from 2014. I only see a portion of my card swipes from this year and I have no idea if the receipt is needed or not. I’m not sure what the purpose of this app is and I hope that it is re-written in the future to provide at least some usefulness to the end-user. This is absolutely the worst app I have ever used and almost mirrors their horribly written website.
Glitch in app double deducts account
My family was excited when this app was first announced. However, this initial excitement has quickly dissipated as we've experienced server delays that keep us from uploading receipts. Recently, the app has been running receipts loaded for "verify benefit card use" as claims and has been double billing our account. When I called to report and resolve the issue the customer service was horrible. The supervisor I finally spoke with mocked me and accused me of using the app incorrectly even though I had proof (screenshots) of the app confirming the receipt had been uploaded as a verification and NOT as a claim. I do NOT recommend using this app or giving this company access to direct deposit money out of your HSA. They have lost our trust completely.
I found that you can't be logged into your account on a computer and try to log into the app at the same time or you will get the busy server message every time. Unfortunately, the camera doesn't adjust well in the app when trying to capture the receipt therefore you may have to resubmit receipts by fax or mail. Or you can retake an upload to the computer. Over the app is convenient and still needs some improvements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.