By General Motors Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the newly expanded myGMC mobile app, redesigned with new capabilities to provide the ideal vehicle ownership experience. The app now includes the added benefit of connectivity for vehicles equipped with OnStar. Get the app to enjoy the full potential of your GMC.
You’ll need your onstar.com or my.gmc.com username and password to login.
Features available for GMC vehicles equipped with OnStar
- Remote start and stop (requires factory-installed remote start)
- Remote door lock and unlock (requires power locks)
- Remote horn and lights to help locate your GMC
- View fuel level and efficiency, oil life, tire pressure and odometer readings
Check for Recall
- Search and send destination to vehicle’s navigation system (if equipped)
- Search and send destination to OnStar for Turn-By-Turn routing assistance
- Find your vehicle’s approximate location on a map
Wi-Fi® Hotspot support:
- Toggle the Wi-Fi Hotspot ON or OFF
- View and/or edit the SSID (network name) and password for the vehicle’s Wi-Fi hotspot
- View current data plan and remaining or consumed data, or purchase more data
- Provides Subscribers savings and offers for dining, retail and fuel along their route
View important information about your OnStar account including:
- OnStar account details
- Available Hands-Free Calling minutes [CAN only]
Features available for all GMC vehicles
Interactive Owner Manual:
- Quickly access the owner manual (in brief) for your GMC [for 2011 model year vehicles and later]
- Set a parking reminder with pin drop, take a photo, make a note, and set a timer
- OnStar Advisor
- GMC Roadside Assistance
- Locate and set a preferred dealer
- Search for dealers by ZIP Code, proximity, or by City/State
- Request service appointments at the dealer of your choice
- Request help from GMC Roadside Assistance
- Edit the app's home screen and configure myGMC to meet your needs
Acceptance of OnStar terms of service are required. The application is free, but a smartphone with a data connection is required to use certain online features. An active OnStar account is required for some features; other features require paid service plan. Features vary by vehicle, location and conditions. For a list of supported vehicles, please visit onstar.com/mobile.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
We update myGMC regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version so you get all of the available features and improvements. This update has changes for iOS 10 compatibility and the ability to share your navigation destination with Apple Maps.
I can see where this app is headed, and it still needs some work to get there. I have two recurring issues with the app. 1) I have multiple vehicles, and the app will randomly switch back to the first one in the list when issuing a remote command. I really don't like having the wrong car started and therefore the 1 star. 2) The app will frequently get out of sequence somehow and not be able to issue commands without restarting the phone. For instance, trying to issue the unlock command. The vehicle never unlocks and the app stays in a state of unlocking (green twirling icon). Restarting just the app does not help and requires restarting the phone or reinstalling. Thank goodness I kept the OnStar app so I have something that works. The last issue I have seems to be hardware. My 2012 Escalade and "early" 2015 Denali both take painfully long to receive and execute a remote command. My "late" 2015 and 2016 Denali's both perform adequate. Keep improving the app. I'm looking forward to a stable version.
Two Months and still can't use all of App
This app was not fully functioning before they rolled it out.
I have been trying for two months to use all aspects of the app I was told I had to switch to and I still can't use the Navigation or the Vehicle Status.
I have called four times and spoken to four different people that assure me they can help but no one has fixed the errors I keep getting.
I was in hold twice for 45 minutes (was told it'd be 5-10 minutes) as they updated but nope that didn't work.
I was told I had to delete the app and download the newly updated app supposedly different from the app I was deleting. I told the guy it would show me the one from the cloud but nooo he said it would be a totally different app. The guy obviously doesn't know squat about apps.
I am as frustrated as I could be. I've been told twice now that they are elevating my case to the online specialists.
Don't fall for it. Their tech support is HORRIBLE.
Much better than the onstar app. The onstar app would tell me my password was wrong at least once a month even though I open the app multiple times a week. Restting the password was a pain if I wasn't at home and if I happened to trust the app I'd be locked out of my vehicle. The new myGMC is fast, hasn't locked me out, and the UI looks great. No complaints so far.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 25, 2016
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 73.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: General Motors
- © General Motors Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.