The popular app for building your family tree, testing your DNA, and exploring your ancestry. Research your family history, make amazing discoveries, and find new relatives. Join our 93 million users and enjoy a private and secure family tree platform, genealogical search engine, and fully integrated DNA testing to uncover your roots and ethnic origins.
Build Your Family Tree and Enrich Your Genealogy Research
Start your family tree by entering what you know about close relatives — and let us do the rest. Our matching technologies will automatically find new information for you in our huge collections of 8.5 billion historical records and 3 billion family tree profiles. Our historical record collections include vital records from more than 24 countries, including birth, marriage, and death certificates; census and immigration records; gravestone and burial records; and much more. Search millions of historical newspapers, yearbooks, historical books, and other valuable historical documents found nowhere else.
The affordable MyHeritage DNA kit uncovers your ethnic origins and finds new relatives. With a simple cheek swab, our DNA test reveals where your ancestors came from based on 42 ethnic regions with percentages — more than any other major DNA testing service. DNA Matches uncover new relatives in our DNA database of more than one million people. The DNA results are seamlessly integrated into our powerful family history platform and viewed in the app. Results are private and secure, and never shared without your consent.
Enrich your family history with photographs and documents. Scan your family photo albums right from the app and add them to your tree. Preserve your family stories for generations to come.
Access your family tree and photos on the go wherever you are. Enjoy MyHeritage from your mobile phone, tablet, web browser, and through Family Tree Builder — our free desktop software.
Subscriptions and pricing
Basic usage is free. We offer the following annual subscription plans for enhanced features:
Premium for $94.99/year gives you expanded family tree size and access to Smart Matches™.
PremiumPlus for $119.99/year gives you unlimited family tree size, access to Smart Matches™, and Instant Discoveries™.
Data for $119.99/year gives you access to 8.5 billion historical records and Record Matches.
Complete for $179.99/year is the ultimate plan. It includes access to the entire MyHeritage platform with unlimited family tree size, 8.5 billion historical records, Smart Matches™, Instant Discoveries™, and Record Matches.
The MyHeritage DNA kit is purchased separately.
Price may vary by location. Payments are charged to your credit card through your iTunes. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless canceled before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings section after purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
Terms and Conditions: https://www.myheritage.com/terms-and-conditions
Uncover your family history. Install the MyHeritage app now.
Extract info from Smart Matches™ - Now you can save the specific information you want from Smart Matches™. After confirming a Smart Match™, select only the new facts, photos, and relatives you want to save to your family tree.
Ratings and Reviews
Three problems with this app
I have three problems with this app which are irritating.
1- when I’m in the app and then go to another one to look up information, and then come back, I find it times out very quickly. I have to log back in and it does not take me back to the place where I was working. Highly time consuming and irritating.
2- I can’t change the tree layout from vertical to horizontal.
3-My tree is quite large and when you start putting in every sibling and spouse every every kid it gets so wide it becomes unmanageable. I’d like a toggle option between direct ancestors and all ancestors. I’d like to stick with direct ancestors but you need to add all the relatives to double check to make sure that you’re on the right path.
That being said, I love the fact that there are so many places for different types of information. Some programs only give you bred, wed, and dead. I like being able to indicate what causes of death were to see if there are any inherited things to watch for. I like that there is a separate field for maiden names and married names.
I’d love to see a suggestion box to the developers. For instance, I’d like to see ONE PLACE per ancestor to enter any and all information for them, including a delete button.
If those issues were addressed I would give 5 stars.
What’s the problem?
Hello since yesterday June 30, 2018 every person in my own tree in the app, including myself is now suddenly marked private. I cannot see their name and they do not come up in a search of the tree. I have to tap on their name to see their information in the tree if I know who and where they are to read any information. I have used the app on my iPhone and iPad for 18 months with no problem until today.
The family tree builder new version this week on the computer is fine. But now in the app, I cannot search for anyone who is still living, on either the app on the iPhone or the iPad as the names do not come up. I have to know who they are and find them that way in the tree itself. There is no privacy settings in the app to adjust or turn on or off, so I cannot fix this problem as it came from your end. What have you guys done??? Please fix this privacy issues immediately as I cannot do anything on my personal tree and I just renewed my subscription. Please advise. Thanks
Developer Response ,
We're aware of the issue you're reporting and it has been fixed. You should be able to view your entire tree un-privatised. If you still see private cards in your tree please log out and log in and it should solve the issue for you.
Thank you for your feedback and cooperation.
MyHeritage mobile team
There are certain things in this app that it is great at accomplishing. I have found a lot of information here that I have not found on other sites similar to this one. Not to say that there aren’t still some seriously necessary tweaks that could be done.
1. Every time I shut this app, just for a minute or 2, it takes me back to starting position. So when you want to go back to what you were working on, you have to find it again... and again.... and again.... and again. You get the gist?
2. I work this on an IPad and it’s the only app I have that doesn’t support split screen so that I can use it and another app at the same time. Opposing apps have to sit on top of the MH screen as the MH screen will not shrink or draw up from the toolbar.
3. When adding a picture of someone to their profile, why does it add a second picture to their album. The album that has the exact same picture? Makes no sense.
4. Where is the information sources after you approve them. Sometimes I like to go back and verify my information is correct or consult it to possibly draw more information from and finding it is a booger, let me tell you!!
That’s all I got for now. I will check back if any of these things change any time soon.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad your enjoying the app and we very much value your feedback.
- MyHeritage Ltd
- 213.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2006-2018 MyHeritage Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- MyHeritage PremiumPlus Subscription $119.99
- MyHeritage Data Subscription $16.99
- MyHeritage Data Subscription $119.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.