THIS APP WORKS ON ANY iPAD/iPHONE INCLUDING 6/6+
Designed by a photographer for photographers, focused on RELIABILITY and PRECISION for digital and analog photography.
• Extended sensibility as low as -2/-4EV (dark scenes)
• Two different convenient interface designs.
• Incident and reflected light metering modes.
• Independent calibration for the two metering modes.
• Independent selection of aperture, speed, ISO and exposure compensation with 1/3 resolution. From 4 minutes to 1/8000 sec., aperture from 1.0 to 512 and iso from 3 to 6400.
• Automatic priority for aperture or speed. (Automatic Av and Tv modes).
• Automatic ISO or locked ISO options.
• Spot metering and zoomed camera view.
• Maximum aperture limited by the selected lens.
• Calculate the average of any number of measurements you want.
• Read the exposure data of any photo from the gallery.
• Calculate hyperfocal distance for 5 memorized lenses. Which also blocks maximum aperture.
• Memory for 5 lenses with maximum aperture, focal length and film/sensor size for calculating hyperfocal distance and aperture.
• Hyperfocal distance also for infrared light. (IR button)
• Exposure value EV on an analog scale or right up front.
• Two LED indicators show whether the measurement is unreliable due to lack of light in the scene, or if we have under 30% battery left.
• On 3.5 " displays preset lens buttons tilting the device or tapping at the bottom.
• Screen help available touching Lightmeter PRO
• Be advised that accurate incident light reading needs a diffuser attached to the front camera. Without the diffuser still can be used but think about it, it will be a reflected reading taken with the front camera.
I'm an independent photographer/designer/developer and am very grateful for your support. Trying to do the best lightmeter app ever, a lot more to come. You can ask for any improvement and I'll be happy to help. This app is constantly reviewed and improved because it is my tool, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• iOS 11 ready
• A few bugs fixed
• New setting for the volume buttons.
Ratings and Reviews
Handier than my Gossen Luna Pro
I use a 1955 Rolleicord V when I shoot film (Ilford HP5 - 400). I like to carry as few things as possible - just the camera - and I would often leave my light-meter behind when I went out to shoot, relying on having memorized the “Sunny 16” rule to determine my exposure settings.
I bought this meter after trying the free version. I always have my iPhone in my pocket, and this apps blend of features and skewmorpic similarity to a meter I am familiar with is just great.
I’m quite pleased with all the features and settings and look forward to having the meter handy always. Thanks!
Great for old cameras
So I bought a few old cameras (mamiya c220, hasselblad 500cm) and none of them have a light meter, I was going to buy a dedicated meter but they are expensive and I don’t mind it but I will not use this cameras as my main format for now, so I tried this app (the pro version because a few dollars is nothing in the photography world) and the results where beyond my expectations!! Very impressive, very simple, and is in my pocket all the time :) thank you for such clever and great app!!
Very accurate but...
This has worked well for me but suddenly it crashes almost immediately after opening. I had recently switched from the classic view to another one (not sure what it’s called since it crashes so soon) so maybe it’s just that mode. I’d try switching back but I can’t. Anyway hopefully the developer sees this and fixes the bug if indeed it’s in the app and not my phone going wonky.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.