MyMeatUp is the only free app available with a full guide to beef, pork, lamb, and veal cuts you’ll find at grocery stores, including cooking tips and recipes. Designed to help you navigate the meat department, the app features:
• Interactive images to help you select meat cuts that fit your taste and recipe needs
• Easy, creative, and delicious beef, pork, lamb and veal recipes for every cut
• Descriptions about the most common cooking methods for meat products: broiling, grilling, braising, roasting, pan-frying, stir-frying, slow cooking, smoking, and stewing
• A glossary of meat terms to help you navigate the labels on meat products, with descriptions like ‘natural’, ‘antibiotic-free’, and ‘grass-fed’ defined
• Details on meat’s nutritional value, animal welfare practices, antibiotic myths, and meat’s environmental impact
• Food safety and preparation tips to cook your meat to perfection, along with a video guide to using a meat thermometer
The latest version of the app includes a new “Where does my meat come from?” feature, which allows users to search the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) establishment database for information about where the product was produced.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and FANTASTIC
I just got a lovely fancy hardcover book called “Meat: everything you need to know” from my wife for my birthday. I LOVE this book as it shows me all of the diagrams of where my cuts actually come from on the animal and how to cut my meat properly. All in amazing detail. The book is great- but I wanted a companion app that would be, hopefully, less detailed and even simpler. This app is almost EXACTLY what I wanted.
You can VERY easily see where on the animal your cut comes from and when you click on an item (such as “ribs”) the app automatically shows you everything you want to see with no effort (all the different types of ribs and then you can click those to learn more).
The other great thing the app has is a search function to go backwards. I can already see how much this will help me. If you are at a supermarket and see a cut that you want to find out where it is from (let’s say “skirt steak”) you can type that in and the app shows you where.
I gave the app five stars within two minutes of using it because I was simply impressed beyond expectations but I would love to see a feature where you can just click on the animal diagram and it will tell you what cut you have clicked. The feature is not on this app I do not think but it would be cool to have. Overall this app is fantastic and I commend the app creators for not covering it in ads
Great design-and it works
Clear, straightforward, with useful info. Recipes are particularly well done: pretty photos, clear directions with prep time, variety, and--by reading a few--tasty. Like the description of cuts. I expected social media links to allow posting of fav recipes or even the app itself, but it just directs to industry groups so felt faintly tricked. Only disappointed that apparently they don't consider fish & poultry "meaty" enough to include.
Thank you! Thank you!
Finally! I've been searching for an app exactly like this one! It describes the different cuts of meat, tips on preparation, storage & thawing, cooking methods for each cut, & has yummy recipes! This is my new "Go To" app instead of pestering my brother in law (the chef of the family)! And, do you want to know the best part? It's FREE!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.