MyPlant Notebook allows you to quickly track of all your plants.
Enter your plants information like common name, species, plant category, garden location, date planted, purchased from, price, description, etc. Separate sections for Plants, Photos, Logs, To-Do and Wish List.
Take photos of your plants tag, receipt, and growth.
Add to your Wish List while visiting a nursery, public garden or friends house. Quickly take a picture of the plant and its tag. Later you can add all the details, like your intended planting location, nursery name and description. Set a To-Do reminder for when it will become available.
Log entries with optional photo to track bloom dates or track a task completion like pruning, the application of soil amendments and sprays, growing conditions, pests and diseases.
To-Do list with scheduled reminders and automatic log entry creation on completion of the To-Do.
MyPlant Notebook does not come preloaded with plant data or photos. It only tracks information and photos you have added yourself.
With MyPlant Notebook you can:
- Create a list of existing plants you have in your garden
- Track common name, species, category, planted location, date planted
- Purchase information, nursery, price, warranty
- Keep description and special care information
- Take photos to track growing progress, the plant tag and purchase receipt
- Logs with optional photo to track task completions
- To-Do list for plant actions or maintenance tasks, schedule reminder notifications
- Automatic Log entry on completion of the To-Do task
- Wish List for keeping a record of plants you like, intended planting location, nursery name, price, add photos of the tag and plant
- Easily move from Wish List to Plant List after purchase
- You can take pictures with the camera or select from your photo album
- Select a photo as your favorite for your plant
- Duplicate a Plant or Wish List Entry to quickly get started on a new plant
- Email or Print a Plant or Wish List Entry to share with others
- Added: To-Do completed selection
- Fixed: Help and Version History did not display correctly on device rotation
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful to have information and photos at my fingertips
Over the last few decades, l have planted a collector's garden. This app enables me to identify the many plants and shrubs that I have collected which make my landscape feel like a botanical garden. I do not find entry tedious as some have mentioned because I enter plant and photo as I have time, in waiting rooms, airplanes, during commercials, and sometimes when I happily espy a forgotten plant in my garden. It would be fabulous to be able to link to online information but that is not a deal breaker for me. I cut and paste information into the description section using online information. The developer is responsive to fixing problems and responding to inquiries. Enhancements that I would like to see is the addition of Fern and Wildflower to categories.
Good but can be so much better
Has many good features such as open space to capture wide range of information. I like that I can take pictures within app or draw from online images. Would be useful to have common name, genus, species on separate lines. Needs discrete space for zone and cultivation notes. Need to be able to build a plant related library so that spellings do not default to weird words. Need to be able to correct spellings or rename without having to delete and re-enter. Need way to export data to generic database format and print database.
Update: lost a thousand plant notes when I had to replace iPad. Data on phone will not sync. Shifting to a different program and now need to re-enter data. Do not rely on this app
Very Happy User
I’ve been trying out various plant journaling apps, and so far hadn’t found one that was good and free. I’m really happy with my purchase. The image function is great, and I love the amount of detail that I can add to each plant. My only thought for improvement is have a database from different users to help auto fill entries that could then be altered, instead of having to research each plant for say their max height or hardiness zone.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.