Modern computers with multiple high resolution displays present us with the "where is my mouse" problem. myPoint solves it using three different techniques - a momentary or permanent mouse locator, a permanent crosshair and a permanent mouse halo.
• Momentary mouse locator is a visual effect active up to few seconds. It can be an animated or static ring.
• Permanent mouse locator is a static ring only.
• Permanent crosshair displays two thin lines across the mouse position.
• Permanent mouse halo highlights the mouse cursor using an image shown around it. A free online halo gallery is available.
All tools are highly customizable: geometry, transparency, animation speed, hotkeys, mouse gesture, events.
Mouse Locator reveals the mouse cursor position with a gently animated or static ring.
- Hotkey combination.
- Single modifier key.
- Mouse gesture.
- Mouse movement between screens.
- Mouse movement after a period of inactivity.
- On mouse click.
- On mouse drag.
- Colors and opacity.
- Size and thickness.
- Animated or static.
- Animation speed and repetition.
- Momentary or permanent.
• The locator module can be disabled.
Crosshair displays two thin lines across the mouse position.
• Visible on all monitors or only on monitor with mouse pointer.
• Customizable performance, gauge, color, transparency, center and offset from mouse.
• Hotkey to toggle the tool.
Mouse Halo is an image permanently shown around the mouse cursor. The classic halo is a ring surrounding the cursor. However any image can be used as a halo source. Even more the image can be positioned aside of the cursor. A free online halo gallery is accessible from the preferences panel - an easy way to import new halos. The user can create its own halos too.
- Hotkey to toggle the halo visibility.
- Hotkey to show the next halo from the predefined halo set.
- Size and opacity.
- Rotation speed and direction.
- Offset from mouse position.
- Flip, shrink or cut the image.
- Select preferred halos in so called halo set.
• Preinstalled halo pack.
- Classic: daisy chain, ancient ornaments, fan, amber mosaic, ring shadow.
- Reading lines: thin, thick, stick shadow.
- Rulers: horizontal, vertical.
- Crosshair, big arrow.
- Diagonals: two stars, twin spark.
• Free online halo gallery.
- The gallery is accessible from preferences panel.
- Browse & click to import new halos.
- Never-ending update of new halos.
• Unlimited user created halos.
• The halo module can be disabled.
• General features:
- Tools are visible on all monitors and in full screen.
- Customizable hotkeys to handle tools.
- Hotkey to show or hide application menu in menu bar extras.
- Can start automatically at user login.
- Common Preferences panel for all settings.
- Support multiple users, screens and desktops.
- Built on Apple's security paradigm sandboxing - reducing the threat of rogue code and malicious software.
- When myPoint is running, no icon is shown in the Dock. The control is through a menu in menu bar extras.
- myPoint neither changes the shape of mouse pointer nor hides it.
- Read user experience tips on our web site.
- myPoint is designed for maximum control and features. If you prefer simplicity please consider Simple Mouse Locator.
- If you have an inquiry or need a help to tune up our app, or just want to share with us your feedback please drop us a line at email@example.com. We will do our best to answer you in 24 hours.
Small fixes and optimisations.
Ratings and Reviews
Unobtrusive yet hightlights cursor when needed!
"myPoint Light S” is a beneficial, yet unobtrusive “cursor” highlighter that only appears when needed! Otherwise, the cursor is the normal “arrowhead." I have purchased other cursor highlighters which are constantly streaming “stuff." They are a “waterfall” of irritation! With "myPoint Light S,” if your “arrowhead” cursor becomes “lost,” just rapidly “circle” or “jiggle" your mouse or finger on your trackpad, and the cursor pops into sight with the "myPoint Light S cursor view” you selected. I use the “circle” in the first example above. Options are available for other “myPoint Light S” cursors.
I use two monitors. “myPoint Light S” activates when I pass the cursor from one monitor to the other! This is a Five Star Cursor Enhancement for my usage! The $2.99 has not been an expense, it has been an investment in my time spent looking for: “That stupid lost cursor!” “Where did it go this time?” I don’t guarantee you will like it! I guarantee that I like it, and find it worthy of my purchase!
Great Cursor Enhancement!
2.23. pointer graphic
It does what it is designed to do. Not much.
It does show the mouse position when you shake the mouse, and you can control much about that graphic. Yes Siera has a locater, pointer, and if that is all you need the built in one should suffice quite well.
If you are doing presentations, live or video, this is a very good app to have. you can turn your pointer into an attention getting device, change it with key commands on the fly. Sript reading and story reading, for your self or aloud, ther are moving lines. Well it can help in drawing - but not a lot.
and really that is all it is designed to do. Simple, inexpensive, and it is Not a subscription.
if you, like Dan Zaph, what to remove it, contact the developer, they will explain how.
Had No Idea Would Be So Useful
I have a 43-inch monitor that I am running at 5K and I was finding it difficult to locate my mouse cursor sometimes. I have it setup so that if I move the mouse after not having used it for a while it flashes some nice looking large circles as soon as I move the mouse.
My mouse has a few extra programmable button so, I use one to activate myPoint if I am looking for my cursor. VERY HAPPY
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.