By Code Race
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Modern computers with multiple high resolution displays present us with the "where is my mouse" problem. myPoint solves it using three different techniques - a momentary or permanent mouse locator, a crosshair and a permanent mouse halo.
• Momentary mouse locator is a visual effect active up to few seconds. It can be an animated or static ring.
• Permanent mouse locator is a static ring only.
• Crosshair displays two thin lines across the mouse position.
• Permanent mouse halo highlights the mouse cursor using an image shown around it. A free online halo gallery is available.
All tools are highly customizable: geometry, transparency, animation speed, hotkeys, mouse gesture, events.
Mouse Locator reveals the mouse cursor position with a gently animated or static ring.
- Hotkey combination.
- Single modifier key.
- Mouse gesture.
- Mouse movement between screens.
- Mouse movement after a period of inactivity.
- At the end of the animation.
- At the end of the display period.
- On mouse click.
- By hotkey.
- Colors and opacity.
- Size and thickness.
- Animated or static.
- Animation speed and repetition.
- Momentary or permanent.
• The locator module can be disabled.
Crosshair displays two thin lines across the mouse position.
• Visible in full screen on all monitors or only on monitor with mouse pointer.
• Customizable performance, gauge, color, transparency, center and offset from mouse.
• Hotkey to toggle the tool.
Mouse Halo is an image permanently shown around the mouse cursor. The classic halo is a ring surrounding the cursor. However any image can be used as a halo source. Even more the image can be positioned aside of the cursor. A free online halo gallery is accessible from the preferences panel - an easy way to import new halos. The user can create its own halos too.
- Hotkey to toggle the halo visibility.
- Hotkey to show the next halo from the predefined halo set.
- Size and opacity.
- Rotation speed and direction.
- Offset from mouse position.
- Flip, shrink or cut the image.
- Select preferred halos in so-called halo-set.
• Preinstalled halo pack.
- Classic: daisy chain, ancient ornaments, fan, amber mosaic, ring shadow.
- Reading lines: thin, thick, stick shadow.
- Rulers: horizontal, vertical.
- Crosshair, big arrow.
- Diagonals: two stars, twin spark.
• Free online halo gallery.
- The gallery is accessible from preferences panel.
- Browse & click to import new halos.
- Never-ending update of new halos.
• Unlimited user created halos.
• The halo module can be disabled.
• General features:
- Tools are visible in full screen on all monitors.
- Customizable hotkeys to handle tools.
- Hotkey to show or hide application menu in menu bar extras.
- Can start automatically at user login.
- Common Preferences panel for all settings.
- Support multiple users, screens and desktops.
- Built on Apple's security paradigm sandboxing - reducing the threat of rogue code and malicious software.
Note: When myPoint is running, no icon is shown in the Dock. The control is through a menu in Menu Bar Extras.
••• If you have an inquiry or need a help to tune up our app, or just want to share with us your feedback please drop us a line at email@example.com. We will do our best to answer you in 24 hours.
What's New in Version 2.9
New Crosshair module.
I stumbled upon this OS feature in Windows 7 and I grew to like it. I searched the App store for an equivalent and found this option and one other. I paid for both. But this app works the way I want it. The key feature for me is being able to set an activation key or set of keys with a combination of your choice. In Windows, you simply hold down the Control key. That is pretty simple to remember. And with this app you can create the same set up. Additiaonally, this app allows you to have just a simple circle to reveal your pointer. You can be more garish if you want, but I just want to know where my pointer is, I don’t need a “light show” or original graphics.
So simple and so useful.
I had been going nuts trying to find my mouse cursor on my 30” display. It was made worse when I used my laptop screen at the same time. myPoint Light makes it so easy to fix this problem. It’s easy to set up, but has plenty of customization options so you can configure the look as well as the triggers that work best for you. It’s amazing how 99 cents can eliminate so much frustration!
Perfect for me
Old Eyes + Big screen + Tiny Cursor = CONFUSION!
I installed this and my troubles are over!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 17, 2013
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Code Race EOOD
- © 2012-2013 Code Race
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor