MyPoint PowerPoint Remote
By Didonai LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote control PowerPoint presentations on your computer.
Features include slide browser, display of current slide, notes, and preview of next slides.
Extended features (marker and timer) available via In App purchase.
MyPoint PowerPoint Remote improves the slideshow for both the presenter and the audience in many ways:
- No need for the presenter to turn around and break eye contact with the audience, a quick glance at the iPhone / iPod /iPad is sufficient to see the content of the current slide.
- The presenter doesn't need a mouse or keyboard to transition to the next slide.
- Important comments or notes on a slide won't be forgotten - the notes for the actual slide are visible to the presenter.
- The presenter can take a look at the preview of the next slides and knows already what comes next before the slide is shown.
- Requests from the audience to go back to a certain slide can be fulfilled in an instant. The presenter can flip through the slides and pick the one that is requested.
* Slide navigation: back / next / goto slide via slide browser
* Display on iPhone: Current slide, notes, preview of next 3 slides
* Network connection: Wifi, auto-detection via Bonjour
* Slideshows: Supports slideshows with notes, animations, and different screen ratio's (e.g. widescreen)
Extended features (available via In App purchase):
* Use it as a pointer for the current slide. A laser pointer is not needed any more
* Annotate or mark the slide with the pen in different colors
* Progress bar, elapsed and remaining time let's you keep track of your time.
* Set duration per slide/presentation or use the timings stored in your PowerPoint presentation
* Can use the slide timings recorded via the PowerPoint rehearsal function
You also need to install a small application on your computer, which can be downloaded at: http://didonai.com/download.html
* PowerPoint 2003, 2007, and 2010 on Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, and 2003
* PowerPoint 2004, 2008, and 2011 on OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9
For more details see http://didonai.com/products.html
iOS device and computer have to be connected to the same WiFi network.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
Support for iOS 8
Took me 3 minutes to set up. Works fine. Two minor improvements would be nice. Better volume control on the clicker (too loud, not adjustable) and button positionable further up in the screen for easier thumb navigation. I would be quite happy with a an option for just two giant arrow keys for forward and back. Otherwise, I love it so far!
Unstable, poor navigation
The concept is perfect for our needs in our worship service but the entire connection on an excellent Wifi is poor. It loads slowly, times itself out. Doesn't render realtime controls. Using a mouse to click back and forth is probably our best option. I would have loved to use this and would have bought the upgrade if the original product did what it claimed.
I never could get the app to connect with my computer. I tried first on my laptop. The software didn't install correctly. After clicking around on their website I tried again from a different page. It installed. However, it never could connect to my phone. Sigh. I tried on my desktop. Same result.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 16, 2014
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 11.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Spanish
- Seller: Didonai LLC
- © 2014 Didonai LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- MyPoint Marker$2.99
- MyPoint Timer$2.99