By Code Race
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Stop burning your eyes!
myPoint Shade is caring for your eyes' comfort.
If you work in a dark room or struggle with eye strain and headache, myPoint will tune up your displays - this way it will care for your health and comfort.
myPoint allows you to adjust the brightness of your monitors. It can dim the monitors even more than the hardware limit. You can set dark shade to mitigate bright and vivid colors, or white shade to view details in dark pictures. When a lot of reading is required, money green shade will relax your eyes.
myPoint doesn't fiddle with the monitor settings. It places translucent layers and dims your desktop and running applications.
- Dim all monitors with common shade.
- Additional per-screen shade for up to eight monitors.
- Shade includes level and color.
- Shade level is limited up to 90%.
- Change the shade level without leaving the active application - via hotkeys or from a menu in menu bar extras.
- Dim other screens at 100% black except the mouse screen.
- Eye care: the shade will fade in and fade out in a specified timeout.
- Shade assistant will track active applications and will toggle the shade automatically depending on user preferences.
- Supports full screen.
- Common myPoint panel for all settings.
- All preferences are customizable - hotkeys, colors, darkness, timeout.
- Can start automatically when the user logs in.
- Supports multiple users, screens and desktops.
- myPoint is built on Apple's security paradigm sandboxing - reducing the threat of rogue code and malware.
- When myPoint is running, no icon is shown in the Dock. The control is through myPoint menu in menu bar extras.
- If you have an inquiry or need a help to tune up our app, or just want to share with us your feedback please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to answer you in 24 hours.
What's New in Version 1.17
Improved Shade assistant: predefined or autocomplete applications list.
Ability to enable or disable on screen messages about shade hotkeys.
Lucky I found this app
I needed something to dim a DisplayLink external monitor with no brightness settings — *and* it also doesn’t respond to any of the system color calibration settings… So I knew I needed something to essentially put a software rendered “layer” or “filter” over the screen in order to darken its content. This application does exactly what I need and is simple and easy to use.
Only issue is that the hotkeys aren’t working for me, but they’re not necessary — more in the “would be nice to have” category — so whatever.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 17, 2014
- Version: 1.17
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Code Race EOOD
- © 2012-2014 Code Race
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor