MyRadar Weather Radar – Forecast, Storms, and Earthquakes
By Aviation Data Systems, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Thanks to everyone for making MyRadar so successful, with over 17 million downloads!
MyRadar Pro a fast, easy-to-use, weather application that displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Our High Definition radar data is processed from raw NOAA weather radar data from the National Weather Service using our custom-designed, proprietary systems and software, offering the clearest, sharpest, most accurate and most up-to-date reflection of precipitation available... easily accessible at the tap of a finger on your mobile device.
Just start the app, and your location pops up with animated weather, allowing you to easily see if rain is headed your way. Our high-res animated radar helps you see weather details even at the closest level!
What's great about MyRadar is that the map is easily zoomed and scrolled around with the flick of a finger, allowing you to quickly check the weather in other parts of the country, including Hawaii & Puerto Rico!
On top of the basic weather, users can get a quick glance of temperatures around the country, as well as overlay a current satellite image of cloud cover. For you aviation buffs, there's a layer that provides Airmets & Sigmets, and even the ability to overlay the flight plan of a particular aircraft onto the map. You can also share interesting weather photos from your area, and see photos other users have contributed neatly displayed on the map.
Additional options include weather warnings and alerts, complete with push notifications, to warn you of severe weather in your area. Great for the start of thunderstorm and tornado season! There's also an optional hurricane tracker, providing excellent details and projections for the path of storms as the season looms near.
MyRadar currently only shows weather for the United States (including Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, when HD Radar is enabled).
Download MyRadar today and try it out...!
What's New in Version 4.1.0
- Introducing our new animated surface winds layer! A fantastic and mesmerizing way to see the winds around the country. Visualize how the winds affect the weather patterns near you. Looks great when combined with our High-Definition Radar! Tap the "layers" menu to turn on this feature.
- We also have continued radar performance improvements. Our engineers and data scientists have been busy at work ensuring that our radar processing systems continue to deliver the best weather visualization on the market.
- We are also rolling out several minor bug fixes and general improvements. Thank you for your feedback!
This is by far the best app I have seen with a radar view of the Washington Dc is area and flight conditions for alt. without being a current pilot. It would of taken better planning to purchase the extras but the altitude info would be of great importance to weather and flight attendants or knowledge of flight traveling. If you would add air traffic, radio ? Traffic info and airports. Graphics are amazing.
Current wind vectors are good I would like to see saved areas favorited so you can check other areas of interest. Even Gps tracking for driving and flights would have a good interest in our fellow users. Thx
I live in FL but I have family in 3 towns in TX. It is really helpful that I can put the crosshairs over any town and see what their weather is like. I'm just nosey but with the recent flooding and severe weather in TX, I could literally check on them in real-time. It is amazing to me that I can drill-down to even their street!! The weather alert add-on is worth the money. Yesterday in the Dr. office I got a text that warned of a severe thunderstorm warning for my last known location. It was sunny when I went in but blowing rain at 50mph when I left. Very accurate!!!
Great App - but Could Improve
This a great. It works well, but could really be improved:
- the radar could run over a longer period and with 5 minute intervals rather than 10. That would make the movement of weather clearer. Weather patterns around the Sierras are frequently confusing with the current set up.
- the user should have the ability to lock in the forecast screen so that appears every time the user opens the app. Currently on the iPad it opens to full screen radar every time. This could be a user preference or based on the last time the app was used.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jul 09, 2015
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 81.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Aviation Data Systems, Inc
- © 2012 ACME AtronOmatic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal$1.99
- US National Warnings & Watches$3.99
- Hurricane Tracker$2.99