MyRadar Weather Radar
By Aviation Data Systems, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Thanks to everyone for making MyRadar so successful, with over 10 million downloads!
MyRadar a fast, easy-to-use, weather application that displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Just start the app, and your location pops up with animated weather, allowing you to easily see if rain is headed your way. Our high-res animated radar helps you see weather details even at the closest level!
What's great about MyRadar is that the map is easily zoomed and scrolled around with the flick of a finger, allowing you to quickly check the weather in other parts of the country, including Hawaii & Puerto Rico!
On top of the basic weather, users can get a quick glance of temperatures around the country, as well as overlay a current satellite image of cloud cover. For you aviation buffs, there's a layer that provides Airmets & Sigmets, and even the ability to overlay the flight plan of a particular aircraft onto the map. You can also share interesting weather photos from your area, and see photos other users have contributed neatly displayed on the map.
Additional options include weather warnings and alerts, complete with push notifications, to warn you of severe weather in your area. Great for the start of thunderstorm and tornado season! There's also an optional hurricane tracker, providing excellent details and projections for the path of storms as the season looms near.
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out...!
What's New in Version 3.2.1
* New iPad version; this special version takes advantage of the larger screen real-estate and allows users to alternate what MyRadar
- Forecast Display shows the forecast overlaid on top of editor-selected photos; swipe up to see the full forecast.
- Radar display shows the radar just like always.
- Expanded mode lets you have the forecast or the radar as the main display, with secondary information along the right-hand side of the app.
- Show radar in the upper right-hand corner, or show forecast. Swap between the two, or go full-screen with either!
- Early release of the "Live Video" storm-chaser streams! This new feature is still in the works, but we'll be turning up new video streamers in the coming months!
* Temperature map now available; users can place an animated temperature map as the primary layer that shows temperature changes over time
* Support for 64bit devices
* Layers menu change; since you can only have one "animated" layer at a time, we let you select which layer is shown, right at the top of the menu. Currently, you can select "Classic Radar", "HD Radar", and the "Temperature Map"
My own weather radar at my fingertips!!!
Well, this app is probably the closest thing to owning a personal Doppler radar that I will ever get! I was wanting an app that would show me at the tap of an icon what the weather was doing around us and above us. This app does that and more. In addition to the rain-fall Doppler (which we all love), you are able to select other "layers" as well, such as: cloud cover, aviation, temperature. Probably more but I don't want to exit this review writing session to check. Just hear me when I say: awesome app. For additional money, you can purchase app upgrades to include a hurricane tracker and others. I'm loving this app and if you are a weather enthusiast, I have a feeling you will enjoy it as well.
A must have!
Even better than going on the computer and looking up current condition. I Carey my iPod around at work where I am connected all the time to check for rain before going from one building to another. It's great!
Year later, still a great app but getting slower updating. Switching back and forth Hi-def to Std sometimes works, still work faster on the more pixelated std radar most of the time but I'm on a ipod4, the iPhone 5s is much better but my wife get that one.
This is one of the best weather apps. I have used this app for four years and have always updated it with no problems and the updates have always been an improvement. The radar is very dependable and very effective this is my go to app not only for weather but also as a road map.
There are too many positive things to mention about it try it out you will not be disappointed.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 20, 2014
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 47.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Aviation Data Systems, Inc
- © 2012 ACME AtronOmatic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal$1.99
- US National Warnings & Watches$3.99
- Hurricane Tracker$2.99