The new MyScript© Calculator 2 makes daily math fun and easy!
Calculator 2 turns your device into an interactive piece of paper. Simply write a calculation and it gets you the result in real time. Develop it further with editing gestures or by adding new elements anywhere. Reuse previous results with drag and drop. Calculator 2 interprets everything you do on the fly.
Calculator 2 is based on MyScript Interactive Ink®, the next step for digital ink. It is the successor of the award-winning first handwriting calculator.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
· Write calculations in an intuitive and natural way without a keyboard.
· Erase easily by using scratch-out gestures to remove symbols and numbers.
· Drag and drop numbers from and to the canvas, the memory bar or to an external app.
· Copy your results to the clipboard or export them to other apps.
· Fractions: Display results using decimals, fractions or mixed numbers.
· Multi-line: Continue the same calculation on the next line or write several calculations on multiple lines.
· Memory: Save results into memory. Reuse them anytime in your calculations.
· History: Retrieve all your past calculations to reuse or export.
· Basic operations: +, -, ×, ÷, /, ·, :
· Powers, roots, exponentials: 7², √, ∛, e³
· Miscellaneous operations: %, |5|, 3!
· Brackets: ( )
· Trigonometry: sin, cos, tan, cot, cosh, sinh, tanh, coth
· Inverse trigonometry: asin, acos, atan, acot, arcsin, arccos, arctan, arccot, acosh, asinh, atanh, acoth, arcosh, arsinh, artanh, arcoth
· Logarithms: ln, log
· Constants: π, e, phi
Now compatible with the iPad Pro 2018.
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful to see everyday calculations on magical paper
This is quite a useful app. It’s helpful to see your math on a page anytime you have the chance to write it down. This time, however, the page finishes your calculations once you show your work. Magic. This is something from the future. Helps me with mundane household budgeting when comparing shopping options. Especially great with the Apple Pencil, where I use this app the most, though the iPhone app is there in a pinch when you’re out and about. Very cool stuff. It would be cool to be able to change the weight of the ink; I think it’s too thick. Altering the auto-calculate time to be a little bit longer would be good too, perhaps as an adjustable setting.
Developer Response ,
D’Anconia Copper, thank you so much for your rave review! Thanks for your improvement suggestions for Calculator. We have forwarded them to our teams. In the meantime, the auto-calculation can be disabled in the Settings, so that you can decide when the result should appear. Hope this helps. Mila from MyScript
Not for smaller device users
There are a few major problems on this app. For example, it is very difficult to write any equation because the writing space is very limited; though that might be just a small device problem. Another problem is having a difficult time editing the equation. Say you wrote an equation already. You then realize you messed up and try to fix it~ it gets confused and tries to put something else instead or it just doesn’t work at all. This is happened to me plenty of times and it’s gotten to the point where I’ve given up. Everything else works fine though, like the simpler problems.
All in all I think this app is all right, although if I had to say, I would NOT recommend purchasing this item. Very disappointed in this!
Developer Response ,
Hello ! Thank you for your review on our app! Did you see it is possible to make equation on several lines? As we developed this feature to improve usability on smaller devices, this could help you here. Regarding your other topic, our developers are constantly working on improving the reliability of our handwriting recognition to make editing always easier. Please note that if you have any trouble when editing an equation you can use the back button (or the history) to restore your previous calculation and edit it. Also, feel free to send us any example you want on https://support.myscript.com/ so we can have a better look to your issue. Thanks a lot for choosing MyScript Calculator 2! Best, Nick.
This is a great calculator and I would highly suggest it! It can do fractions, decimals, variables, all of that plus more! The detection is great and it always knows what I’m drawing! It also helps with the problem I sometimes have where I press a wrong number on the regular calculator and have to delete it all. With this you obviously draw so messing up is pretty hard! Even if you do you can just scribble it out or hit the undo button! In the end I highly recommend this app! It will save you time that may be wasted when using the built in calculator app! 5 Stars! Great App!
- 16.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © MyScript
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.