MyShoebox - Photo Backup and Cloud Storage
By Couch Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MyShoebox is your personal photo collection with unlimited free photo backup for all your devices. Automatically backup your photos to keep your memories safe, secure and private. Carry every photo you’ve ever taken in your pocket or on your tablet without taking up space on your iPhone or iPad. Don’t risk losing photos if you lose your phone or your hard drive crashes.
MyShoebox is available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows and other mobile devices.
• 100% private and stored with the same encryption used by banks
• View your Mac or PC photo collection directly on your iPhone
• Create shared galleries and collaborate with friends & family
• View your iPhone’s photos on your computer without plugging in via USB
• Share selected galleries with friends and families, and allow them to contribute to your collection
• Rediscover old photos with our unique Timeline and Explore Feature
• Unlimited cloud storage means no additional storage space taken up on your iPhone
• Automatically backup your iPhone camera roll without plugging in to your computer
• Browse photos based on locations, camera, time of day, season, and many more
• View slideshows, and directly share photos to Facebook, Twitter, and more
• Free and Unlimited. Our free plan keeps all of your photos safe at a resolution of 1024 pixels with no expiration
• Free 30 day trial of our Pro plan which includes original resolution backups. Details at shoeboxapp.com
Check out what others have to say about us:
• Forbes - “Move Over Flickr, Photobucket and Picasaweb -- Here Comes MyShoebox...The cross-platform capability here surpasses the limitations of Google+ pic-sharing options, Apple’s iCloud and others.”
• TechCrunch - “MyShoebox offers a cloud photo storage service that goes beyond what most of those other companies provide...”
• PetaPixel - “The service offers native apps...that sync your entire photo collection to the cloud without you having to do any extra work”
• GSMNation - “If your phone finds itself buried in the snow during the post-dinner game of touch football, you won’t lose any of the priceless family photos that you took earlier in the afternoon.”
• Wedding Republic - “All of your photos are automatically backed up and you can access them anywhere. This offers an easy solution next time you’re at your Aunt’s house and everyone wants to see your wedding photos!”
• BlogTO - “What's unique about MyShoebox is that the cloud-based app bridges the ‘digital device divide’ since it can be used with Mac, Windows, iPhone, and [other mobile devices].”
Here’s what our users have to say:
• “11,000 photos - 11,000 to go. Not a hitch. LOVE MyShoebox. You guys rock! Thank you!” - @ActiveMoms
• “It's amazing what MyShoebox does with the EXIF data from my photos and how it displays them.” - @justinwgoldberg
• “Occasionally a startup solves a problem I have, today @MyShoebox does just that” - @dionlisle
• “Everyone who has iPhone...download the app MyShoebox. Unlimited cloud photo storage backup, it’s pretty awesome.” - @mark599097
• “I think @MyShoebox might just be the answer to my photo backup needs. Currently backing everything up into Google Drive but that sucks.” - @LukesBeard
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Many bug fixes including:
• Added option to add many photos to an existing shared gallery
• Performance improvements
• Improved landscape iPad support
• iOS 7 style share buttons
We'll fix any issues as quickly as possible. Be sure to send your feedback to email@example.com or you can find us on Twitter @MyShoebox. Thanks!
It's working out for now
I initially started this backup on my computer for thousands of photos and when the app first came out it was very buggy. Things have pretty much smoothed out now. I have pro version because this is my main backup for all photos. I have the app on my phone too so I can see ALL my photos BUT even though they are saved full res, on the phone I can only download a smaller version. I've requested many times to be able to download full res
Photos to the phone. This is not saying the developer is non responsive, to the contrary, they are quick to get back when I've had issues but I'd love to give 5 stars when I can download full res picks to my phone, please developer! Good work though on the app!
It decreases the quality of your photos when it backs them up. Unless you want to pay $5 a month for the original quality of your photos to be saved as then don't bother. I have a 5megapixel camera and in the app it says it decreases quality to a .7 megapixel not even a 1 or 2 megapixel noooo a .7 Umm I don't know about you but compared to my 5 megapixel camera built in my phone THATS CRAP!! that's like worse than the old old old camera phone quality. Don't bother. Just a waste. The app 'Box' doesn't mention anything about decreased quality or anything. I think I'll give that one a try. Deleting this app. It's horrible.
Best photo backup app
I've tried all the other photo backup apps, and this is the best. Easy to use, reliable, easy to browse. You need to pay for full resolution back-up, but I'm happy with the low res for now.
4 stars only because it needs multi-photo selecting for download and deleting. Sometimes browsing and deleting photos is a little buggy also.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 09, 2013
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Stephen Cosman
- © Copyright Couch Labs INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.