MySidewalk is an app that helps the city officials to crowdsource sidewalk data. The user can record their walkdata by walking on the sidewalk and upload the data. For every data contributed by the user, the user earns points. For testing, we have the point schemes configured for College Station, Tx.
The more you walk, the more you earn. Benefit your city and other residents by reporting issues that need to be addressed! You will earn points that can be redeemed for T-shirts, gift cards, and other things that you can use in your office or in your city. MySidewalk lets you report the existence of sidewalks, as well as attributes of the sidewalk and damage to certain areas. You can submit both descriptions and photos of damage. Following are the screens that are developed in Mysidewalk app.
1. Track My Walk: This page helps the user to track the sidewalk in the city by tracking their walk. The user will have to manually click on "Start Tracking" to record their walk data. No background location tracking in implemented in this app. When the user stops tracking, the data is stored in the SQLite database inside the app.
2. My Walk Data: The user can see all his recorded walk data in this page. The user can click on the walkdata listed to see the options like view, upload and delete. The view option will show the details of the recorded walk. The upload will upload the data to Mysidewalk.demo.kbsi.com server. Delete will remove the walkdata from the SQLite database.
3. Report Issues: The user can also report issues related to the sidewalk using this page. While reporting the issues, the user can also submit the photo of the issue by taking the photo or using existing photo from the gallery.
4. View Issues: The user can see all the issues reported in his current city using this page. The app will access the current location of the user and retreives issues reported from the server. The issues will be shown on the map initially. The user can tap on the issues displayed on the map to see the details. Optionally the user can see the issues on the list view by tapping on the list icon on the top right corner.
5. View Sidewalks: The user can see all the crowdsourced sidewalks by visiting this page. This is a readonly map view with the sidewalks shown on the map.
6. Points: The points earned by the user can be viewed in this page by city. the user can click on the city and see the redeeming options.
7. Settings: The user can make the app to autoupload the walkdata by selecting "Auto-Sync" option. By default all the maps displayed on the app are from openstreetmaps. optionally the user can switch to kbsi hosted maps by selecting "Use KBSI maps"
8. About MySidewalk: This page shows the help and other privacy terms of the MySidewalk app.
"Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
Some of the bugs identified in the previous versions are fixed. No new functionality is added in this new version. We are using custom map server for this release which only has maps for Texas and Washington DC. If you are testing it from other states the maps will show empty. To use other map server goto settings and disable "Use KBSI Map"
- Knowledge Based Systems, Inc.
- 28.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Knowledge Based Systems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.