MySmartBlinds turns any ordinary home into a smart home by converting horizontal 2-inch blinds to automated blinds. Set up a weekly schedule, operate your blinds from your Apple Watch, or show off your home using manual control from the app.
• Sync changes from multiple users using the same account
• Quickly open or close blinds using the Smart Position shortcuts
• Gradual tilt option moves blinds silently
• Set up multiple weekly schedules per room
• Automated calibration process
• Sun tracking allows blinds to adjust schedules with sun changes (requires firmware 1.5 or higher)
• Energy savings, closes your blinds it gets hot. (requires firmware 2.0 or higher)
• Quiet Motion, you won't hear the blinds move when they close/open on schedule (requires firmware 2.0 or higher)
• Apple Watch app for phone-free operation
• Over-the-air firmware updates to add new features
MySmartBlinds is a premium home-automation kit. The app is free to install, but it requires the purchase of one or more MySmartBlinds retrofit kits to control your blinds. Kits can be purchased from MySmartBlinds.com or from the Store menu item in the app.
- Fixed a bug with battery level display
Ratings and Reviews
I never thought a smart appliance would be so complicated. This app is horrendous, the UI and UX (or lack thereof) needs some serious upkeep. Why log me out at LEAST once a week? I have to sign in if I want to open my blinds? No Touch/Face ID integration to make that a quicker process? No voice control whatsoever? Even people with Alexa, which this advertises voice control for, aren’t finding that feature useful. The product itself is nice, but all the software to access the product is such a disaster. Also, just stretching the resolution does NOT equal iPhone X support. There are items nearly inaccessible or unreadable due to being stretched too far up or too close to the home bar.
Great concept! I will say it’s so great to hear how quiet they are when they open in the morning and let all the light in. Really gets me going. And then in the evening shuts all my upstairs at the same time. I cannot imagine not having these blinds so I hope the developers will continue to work with this app. I’m nervous as my Apple watch says that the next upgrade will not include this app since the developer has not updated it. Please please continue to update! I love my blinds!!!
Doesn’t save you set up
The app has you log into your account but if you ever log out of that account in the app, your whole house set up is gone. Log back in to the same account and you’ll still have to set up everything from scratch.
Also, it seemed to stop adding new rooms to the bridges config. Tried resetting the bridge and now the app can’t proceed beyond the WiFi set up for the bridge, no error and the UI is responding but it won’t go to the next setup screen.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.