MySQL Mobile Database Client
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse, search, and update all your MySQL databases on the go with the DataGlass Mobile Database Client for MySQL! DataGlass is your one stop for complete and flexible access to your MySQL servers. From DBAs and IT professionals that need to run ad-hoc queries, to executives who need immediate access to the raw data, to analysts who need to build and execute sophisticated reports, DataGlass is the only app you will need to connect you directly to your data. Whether you are accessing your servers from your local network, or remotely through your organization's secure VPN, you never need to be without the information that is the lifeblood of the modern enterprise. DataGlass requires no complicated desktop servers or expensive middleware to set up: the speed and flexibility of direct connections to your server provides unparallelled efficiency.
Watch a quick video tour of the features and capabilities at: http://mysql-tour.impathic.com
• Compatible with MySQL versions 3, 4, and 5
• An unlimited number of databases can be simultaneously managed by DataGlass
• Connect directly to your databases without the need for complex and expensive middleware
• Corporate databases can be accessed remotely using a VPN or by using the built-in SSH tunneling
• Can access tables and views in OLTP databases and data warehouses alike
• Export your raw data to Numbers, Mail, or CSV files for inclusion in external reports
• Save local snapshots of your data for browsing offline or on the road
• Generate elegant charts from your data within the app
• Print the results of your queries directly from your printer-enabled iOS device
• Build and execute sophisticated queries spanning multiple tables using the innovative Query Designer, or enter custom SQL
• Visit http://support.impathic.com to make feature suggestions or report problems
What's New in Version 5.1
• Performance improvements
• Fixed login issues with some database versions
Very good overall but can be even better
Tis so far is a vs solid app and the best I have tried on the iPad and iPhone. Ssh is working just fine and I can even use it tunneling with iSSH or other source apps if I like. But a couple of features are lacking that I believe are important.
1. Resizing fields in result display, currently there does not appear to be a way to change this. So in my small db the 3 digit ID column takes the same space as the text blob column when displaying which is a major waste of limited screen space. Either auto sizing or manual drag sizing would solve this, especially when remembering by table name and database what your preferred sizes are.
2. Text query option for contains, which translates to like "%xxx%". Yes I know I can type this but such a shortcut would be very helpful for adhoc queries when moving from one query to another. Or a top filter field that can run a contains check on a given field would work as well.
3. A quick shortcut for selecting all columns in their natural db order again helps with quick ad hoc queries.
Another product I use on the desktop (sequel pro) has several of these features and is very convenient. I do lots of ad hoc inquiries as a poor man's form database and this is a huge timesaver. What I was looking for in your program is a portable equivalent to this Mac only program and with these few additions you would be almost spot on with my goal, definitely worthy of a 5 instead of a 4.
Every use buys back another 15 minutes!
I oversee, develop and implement the process that preserves our companies future. I spend an exceptional amount of time authoring elaborate mechanisms to control the data that goes in, the data we use to plot our course... The DB. Once it's in, there is almost nothing the end user is able to edit, but in the name of having a usable, real-world solution, there are still holes through which invalid data can squeeze through. I'm not one to reserve my highest rating for only the perfect (I also rarely rate), so in spite of its few minor quirks, or lack of some of the more extravagant features, give this one 5 stars for it's effect, above the 4 I would probably give it if rating on its own merritt. What it's taken in the past to do the proper research, and make the small but very consequential "adjustments" that come up in a given week go away, has required either long walks/drive back to where my laptop was, or pack it everywhere I go! Now my iPad hangs comfortably over my shoulder, and I adroitly disguise my "working", as something much less Important, while making and documenting the changes. I spend 2-5 minutes invisibly doing what used to be a major interruption and take from 15 minutes to ???. It's about as easy to setup as oracles own workbench software, and versatile enough the only thing I don't do on it is create. Well done, and thanks!
A Very Robust MySQL Client
This is a very handy app for searching and editing MySQL database records. You can SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE database records, but you can’t DROP or CREATE databases or tables. It’s very useful for searching through records and exporting data in csv format.
It has built in SSH tunneling with key and password authentication, a custom SQL tab with a clever keyword editor, a query builder that you can use with your thumb, and of course query bookmarking. You can export (or email) query results in csv format and save them to supported apps, like DropBox and Air Sharing, open and edit them in Textastic, or save in the app itself and access it via iTunes file sharing.
There are a few minor issues that bother me. Running custom queries is a little unintuitive, but it is possible to figure out if you poke around enough.
Database connection bookmarks are listed as username@hostname with hostname/database_name underneath. This can potentially make bookmarks hard to distinguish if you connect to localhost as root on multiple servers. Custom bookmark names would be nice here.
Finally, while the UI makes great use of native iOS conventions, some elements could use a little polish—the text fields on the record editing screens, for instance.
I haven’t tried it out on the iPad yet, but over all, this is a very solid and reliable app. $9.99 is a fair price.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 15, 2011
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: impathic llc
- © 2010-2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.