You'll need sharp spelling skills to find the gold and capture the Huevos Rancheros Gang. Play with the teacher-developed word lists, or record your own words.
* Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice
* Parents' Choice Gold Award Winner
"Mystery Word Town is a mix of western style fun and silliness, but also has serious educational chops." - Teachers With Apps
Your Mission: Help the sheriff, a friendly and curious little ghost, recover the missing gold and catch the outlaws.
- Spelling practice integrated with a rich, immersive game experience
- Play with the teacher-developed word lists, or record your own words.
- 3 skill levels and 2 game modes provide a highly customizable and flexible learning experience for a range of ages
- Optional audio hints speak the words
- Visual hints provide scaffolding for difficult words
- Unlimited user accounts; create your own avatar and save your game progress
- Quirky characters and interactive discoveries delight young learners
• Increase spelling and word recognition skills
• Reinforce reading development
• Promote strategic and critical thinking
CUSTOMIZE SKILLS FOR SPECIFIC WORDS AND ABILITY:
Designed to support classroom learning, Mystery Word Town provides a unique and engaging way to practice spelling
Each player can customize various skills and play modes to suit their age, interest and ability:
- Select from 3 included word lists, created in collaboration with teachers and based on Fry high frequency words and sight words
- Make your own word lists and record your own voice
2 game modes:
- Listen Then Spell - hear a word spoken, then spell the word
- Spell Your Own - spell any word you want to solve the puzzle; words are validated against an extensive dictionary
UNLIMITED USER ACCOUNTS:
Add as many custom profiles as you like. Individual game settings and progress are saved in each player profile. Create different profiles, each tailored for specific practice and abilities.
MADE BY EDUCATIONAL GAME DESIGNERS
The game designers at Artgig Apps come from a background of educational software development and we put lots of TLC into every detail of each app we create to ensure a fun and engaging learning experience. We include kids, parents and teachers in our app development and testing to make sure our apps are exceptional tools that kids want to use again and again.
We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback.
Thanks for playing Mystery Word Town!
Also available - Mystery Math Town and Mystery Math Museum
For more Artgig Apps and demo videos: www.artgigapps.com
- Improved word list management
- Updated for the latest version of iOS
Ratings and Reviews
This app would probably be good if it had sound. Not very helpful for spelling if no one can hear what word to spell...
Developer Response ,
Sorry you’re having trouble. We occasionally hear from users who experience this issue.
Nine times out of ten it's the result of their iPad/iPhone side switch settings getting inadvertently changed (and other apps, including some of ours, override the sound setting to make matters confusing). Please send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll do our best to fix the problem.
Great tech support!
I had not enabled my iPhone microphone for Mystery Word Town and so I went to the website and left a message. I was bummed because I couldn't use the app I had just purchased to study spelling words with my son. Matthew K. Responded to me almost immediately to help troubleshoot. He asked one question and diagnosed the problem. I was up and running after one quick setting fix. The game is great, my son loves it and The tech support response is AMAZING! I may have to purchase the math game now!
This is what our preschooler said (verbatim)
"I love this game! It is challenging. I love it because I need it to learn to write words."
(And Mom loves it, too, because it teaches in a fun way, not only spelling and reading, but problem solving, memory skill, and deduction. Highly recommend!)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.