By Doug Currie
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MyStopAction lets you build your own stop motion animations or time lapse movies, including sound!
- build HD stop motion animations using a series of photos
- record a soundtrack to accompany your creation
- visual effects including text captions, wipes, crossfades, black & white, sepia, color tinting and more
- time lapse photography at the push of a button
- capture photos with the aid of an onion skin or pick them from your library
- export movies as real videos to your photo library, in forward or reverse direction, with a soundtrack
- unlimited frames (as long as you have room on your device!)
- frame rates up to 30 fps
- multiple resolutions in both landscape and portrait orientations
- HD support - 720p and 1080p HD (iPhone5 or iPad2+ required for 1080p)
- insert, rotate, append and remove frames at will
- multi-session; load and save your projects to work on when convenient for you
- configurable snap delay, in case you want to be part of the movie!
See MyStopAction in action on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/mystopaction. The channel includes a tutorial - made using MyStopAction itself!
Your movies are made up of a series of photos - take each photo in turn, with a semi-transparent overlay (onion skin) of the previous frame to guide you. Alternatively, use the time lapse mode to capture a changing scene over time, or choose photos from your library.
Then use the simple editing and playback tools to build your very own stop motion animation or time lapse movie.
Apply visual effects, including:
- text captions
- wipes and crossfades between scenes
- fade in and out
- black and white
- sepia tint
- red, green and blue tints
- custom color tinting
Finally, record an audio soundtrack to accompany your creation.
Movies can be saved to your library, where you can then view and share them with others via YouTube, email, etc. Movies can also be exported as a series of photos to your library. Your videos can be exported and previewed in reverse!
Recreate your favorite movie scenes in stop motion!
Finally, I'm going to beg one more time for more reviews. Particularly you folks from the US of A! And if you don't want to comment publicly or have private suggestions - please send me an email!
(A quick reply to Hennery's comment: try turning on the "fast photo mode" in the options - this will let you snap away happily without returning you to the UI after every shot.)
What's New in Version 3.4
This update fixes the onion skin position on the iPhone 5S.
Other recent updates:
- iOS 7 support
Onion Doesn't Work
I typically don't write reviews but I was very disappointed that the onion feature doesn't work. It seems to shift and warp the overlay towards the left so that even if I hold the camera still and take shots, the overlay says I'm at the wrong angle and position.
I like the way you can manage your projects and frames (and i specifically searched for an app that could do this) but without the onion feature, I can't use the app.
Using iPhone 5 - IOS 6
Pretty sweet app. Works great with my iPhone on a tripod mount. Can't seem to figure out why the first frame always gets placed off frame from the rest tho. I just press on and go back and delete that frame and all is well.
I use this app for my stop motion YouTube channel cupcake and my fav youtuber subscribed also known as Kikikream and it's all because of you thanks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 02, 2014
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Douglas Currie
- © Doug Currie
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.