By Dirk Stichling
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
myTracks is the swiss-army knife for organizing your GPS tracks. They can be loaded from a broad range of devices and organized in a library comfortably.
Once imported you can drag & drop photo files to myTracks and they will be assigned to the GPS tracks automatically. The GPS information can be written to the EXIF and IPTC tags of the photo files (Geotagging). You can use any photo organizing software such as iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, GraphicConverter or even the Finder. myTracks can handle both JPEG and RAW file formats.
myTracks also provides mechanisms for uploading photos to both flickr and lockr. GPS tracks can be exported as GPX, KML or KMZ files. You can use the exported files, e.g. with Google Earth.
Besides the dedicated GPS loggers a free iPhone App called myTracks is available on the App Store. You can use this App to record GPS tracks. These tracks can be easily synchronized with the GPS track library on the Mac.
See the supporting website for more screenshots, screencasts and the complete list of supported loggers.
* Logger Assistant with more than 50 presets for downloading GPS tracks
* Search, bookmark, and organize using the Track Library
* 1-click, drag & drop geotagging of JPEG and RAW photo files
* Drag & drop to iPhoto '09 or '11, or Aperture 3 for geotagging with Places support
* Display tracks on a wide variety of maps online and offline
* Import, export, and edit tracks in GPX and KML formats and export of KMZ formats
* Full support for geocaching, including import, export, and filtering
* Upload photos from within the application to flicr and locr
* Compatible with Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, Apple iPhoto, GraphicConverter or Mac OS X Finder
* Free versions for iOS include track recording and sync with OS X application
What's New in Version 2.5.3
- Bugfix for iOS synchronization on Mac OS X 10.6
- GPX files containing Routes are now supported
Excellent app for all photographers!
I bought this app and I also downloaded the iPhone app from iTunes store. Together they are the perfect companions to add GPS data to my photos.
You can also use this software, if you already use a GPS logger, since it can automatically synchronize with a lot of devices. This is a very useful and powerful application, which definietly made my life easier and saved me a lot of time. It is easy to use, even for me as a not very skillful user.
Thank you for this great app!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 27, 2014
- Version: 2.5.3
- Size: 47.3 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Dirk Stichling
- © Dirk Stichling
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor