By Dirk Stichling
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
myTracks is the swiss-army knife for organizing your GPS tracks. They can be loaded from a broad range of devices and organized in a library comfortably.
Once imported you can drag & drop photo files to myTracks and they will be assigned to the GPS tracks automatically. The GPS information can be written to the EXIF and IPTC tags of the photo files (Geotagging). You can use any photo organizing software such as Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, GraphicConverter or even the Finder. myTracks can handle both JPEG and RAW file formats.
GPS tracks can be exported as GPX, KML or KMZ files. You can use the exported files, e.g. with Google Earth.
Besides the dedicated GPS loggers a free iPhone App called "myTracks - The GPS logger" is available on the App Store. You can use this App to record GPS tracks.
Using iCloud you can easily synchronize all your tracks between all your devices (iOS and OS X).
See the supporting website for more screenshots, screencasts and the complete list of supported loggers.
* Logger Assistant with more than 50 presets for downloading GPS tracks
* Search, bookmark, and organize using the Track Library
* 1-click, drag & drop geotagging of JPEG and RAW photo files
* Drag & drop to iPhoto '09 or '11, or Aperture 3 for geotagging with Places support
* Display tracks on a wide variety of maps online and offline
* Import, export, and edit tracks in GPX and KML formats and export of KMZ formats
* Upload photos from within the application to flicr and locr
* Compatible with Adobe Lightroom, Apple Photos, Apple Aperture, Apple iPhoto, GraphicConverter or Mac OS X Finder
* Free versions for iOS include track recording and sync with OS X application
* iCloud support
What's New in Version 3.0.0
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 28, 2015
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 44.7 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Dirk Stichling
- © Dirk Stichling
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.0 or later, 64-bit processor