**** What is MyWARN? ****
MyWARN is an app that delivers critical National Weather Service severe weather risks, watches and warnings to your iPhone based on your location. This will work only in the USA.
**** How It Works ****
MyWARN constantly monitors the latest tornado, severe thunderstorm and flash flood watches and warnings from the National Weather Service. It uses the location services in your device to notify you immediately when an alert is issued for where you are.
**** FEATURES ****
* Only Alerts For Where You Are: Legacy warning systems, like sirens and NOAA Weatheradio, issue warnings for entire counties. But National Weather Service warnings are drawn very precisely. MyWARN only notifies you when you are in the precise alert area.
* Only the Alerts You Want: MyWARN lets you filter out alerts that you don’t want.
* Always On: MyWARN sits silently in memory waiting for a match from the MyWARN servers.
* AlertsInMotion: MyWARN notifies you when you drive into or out of an alert, no matter where you are in the United States.
* Early Heads Up: MyWARN alerts you hours in advance by notifying you when severe weather is forecast for your location by the experts at the Storm Prediction Center.
* Simple Interface: MyWARN features a single screen that acts as a dashboard to give you an instant assessment of your situation. Alerts are color coded, labeled and organized for immediate recognition.
* Safety Information: MyWARN gives you specific safety actions to be taken based on the particular alert you are located in.
**** MULTIPLE SOURCES FOR INFORMATION ****
MyWARN is the newest type of severe weather notification system, but technology is not infallible. Never rely on just one source for weather alerts. Please ensure that you have multiple sources for severe weather information, including phone notification, NOAA Weatheradio, television and outdoor sirens.
**** HAVE A PLAN ****
MyWARN helps stack the odds in your favor by bringing you precise alerts and helping you know what actions to take. Having a plan, being weather aware and multiple excellent sources of severe weather information can increase your survival chances.
**** KNOWN ISSUES/SUPPORT ****
There are no known issues with the app at this time. Please let us know if you experience any problems or have suggestions by using the support email feature on the “More” menu. Your opinions and ideas are extremely important to us.
**** COMMUNITY ****
Be a part of the MyWARN community on the following social networks:
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
No longer alerts
When I first got this app it worked great, but when I updated to iOS 10 it stopped alerting. I thought things would change with iOS 11 but it still doesn’t alert with notifications. I can no longer recommend this app until they get this problem fixed.
Was great now dead
Was great when I bought this app 5-6 years ago but the thing hasn’t worked in a year now. I just deleted it. I use the Red Cross Free Emergency app now. It warns for every conceivable condition. I downloaded this because it was recommended by James Spann and I’ve noticed even he has quit hyping it. No thanks. Can’t even get it to set my location. Bye bye.
Battery drain big time
Totally drained my battery more than I have ever seen. Had to delete it.
- Weather Apps LLC
- 63.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Weather Apps, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.