By Weather Apps, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**** What is MyWARN? ****
MyWARN is an app that delivers critical National Weather Service severe weather risks, watches and warnings to your iPhone based on your location. This will work only in the USA.
**** How It Works ****
MyWARN constantly monitors the latest tornado, severe thunderstorm and flash flood watches and warnings from the National Weather Service. It uses the location services in your device to notify you immediately when an alert is issued for where you are.
**** FEATURES ****
* Only Alerts For Where You Are: Legacy warning systems, like sirens and NOAA Weatheradio, issue warnings for entire counties. But National Weather Service warnings are drawn very precisely. MyWARN only notifies you when you are in the precise alert area.
* Only the Alerts You Want: MyWARN lets you filter out alerts that you don’t want.
* Always On: MyWARN sits silently in memory waiting for a match from the MyWARN servers.
* AlertsInMotion: MyWARN notifies you when you drive into or out of an alert, no matter where you are in the United States.
* Early Heads Up: MyWARN alerts you hours in advance by notifying you when severe weather is forecast for your location by the experts at the Storm Prediction Center.
* Simple Interface: MyWARN features a single screen that acts as a dashboard to give you an instant assessment of your situation. Alerts are color coded, labeled and organized for immediate recognition.
* Safety Information: MyWARN gives you specific safety actions to be taken based on the particular alert you are located in.
* Live Television Coverage: When a severe weather warning is issued for your location, it is time to immediately act. As you are getting in your safe place, MyWARN lets you watch television coverage and radar from partners who offer live streaming so you can get more information.
**** MULTIPLE SOURCES FOR INFORMATION ****
MyWARN is the newest type of severe weather notification system, but technology is not infallible. Never rely on just one source for weather alerts. Please ensure that you have multiple sources for severe weather information, including phone notification, NOAA Weatheradio, television and outdoor sirens.
**** HAVE A PLAN ****
MyWARN helps stack the odds in your favor by bringing you precise alerts and helping you know what actions to take. Having a plan, being weather aware and multiple excellent sources of severe weather information can increase your survival chances.
**** KNOWN ISSUES/SUPPORT ****
There are no known issues with the app at this time. Please let us know if you experience any problems or have suggestions by using the support email feature on the “More” menu. Your opinions and ideas are extremely important to us.
**** COMMUNITY ****
Be a part of the MyWARN community on the following social networks:
What's New in Version 2.8
Updated digital certificates and support for newer devices.
I've never reviewed an app before. This morning a was woken up by my My Warn telling me there was a tornado warning for my area. It was right overhead. My iPhone alert never went off, and by the time I grabbed my iPad and ran to my safe spot, not even the local weather guys had mentioned the tornado warning yet. Thankfully the tornado didn't touch down at my house, but if it had, I would have been in the safest spot in my home instead of asleep in bed, but only because MyWarn woke me up. No other app notified me, and I have a few bc I'm a weather dork.
Great App a must have!
So far so good with this app.i like it because it don't bother you until severe weather is heading your way. Of course it notifies you way ahead of time so you will have time to Prepare! It's not like other apps where if your county is under a the watch or warning it will notify you. It only does when it's actually heading your way so there no false alarm! The warnings are quick and on time! Love it!
Great weather app! Warns me when I'm in an area where there are severe weather watches or warnings. Does exactly what it says. You can even increase the precision of your location when you're traveling or when the weather is changing rapidly.