n-Track Studio Multitrack Recorder
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed "on the fly" during playback.
Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or .m4a format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
2nd and 3rd generation iPod Touch devices require an external mic.
HOW IT WORKS:
• Record a base track (i.e. rhythm guitar) with the built-in mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rhythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ add effects
• Email the recording directly from your device
• The max number of tracks depends on the device capabilities, with the iPad or iPhone 4 you can typically use 10 tracks or more
• EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Import existing tracks from your iTunes library
• Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel (effects pack available as in-app purchase)
• MIDI tracks with builtin synth featuring 128 General MIDI instrument sounds, MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window, support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI (MIDI features available as in-app purchase)
• n-Track is available for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Exchange and share your projects on all your desktop and mobile devices
• Supports Audiobus: you can send audio from other apps to n-Track, play your favorite instrument app and record the output inside n-Track alongside the device mic/line input. Each Audiobus app can be recorded to a separate track
• Supports interapp audio: receive audio from instrument apps (interapp audio requires iOS 7), use other apps as effects or host n-Track inside another app
• 64 bit double precision floating point audio engine
• Support for multichannel external audio devices on the iPad: record 4 or more tracks simultaneously from pro-audio devices such as the RME Babyface, Fireface, Focusrite Scarlett etc.
• Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices (multiple outputs available as in-app purchase)
• Record 16, 24 or 32 bits audio files
• Set sampling frequency up to 192 khz (frequencies above 48000 hz require an external audio device)
• Sync with other apps or external devices using MIDI clock and MTC sync, master & slave
• Choose microphone on multi-mic devices and set microphone polar pattern (e.g. cardiod, omnidirectional)
• Allows monitoring and processing live audio input with near-zero latency
• Automate track volumes and pan using volume and pan envelopes
• Use group channels to group and process tracks together
• 3D frequency spectrum
• AudioCopy 2.0 allows transferring audio files between compatible apps
• Support for DropBox and SoundCloud
• Built-in metronome
AVAILABLE IN-APP PURCHASES
• 8 effects pack: Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel
• MIDI features: built-in general MIDI synth, piano-roll editing window & on-screen MIDI keyboard
• Pro features pack: multiple output channels with USB audio devices, 3D frequency spectrum and 64 bit mixing option
What's New in Version 3.7.6
- Fixed a problem with effects presets visualization
If you have comments or bug reports please contact us at:
Your feedback will help us improve the app
N-Track Studio is awesome!!!
You gotta appreciate N-Track for their updates (all the bad ratings were back before 2014) and the features they keep adding to this DAW: Audio & MIDI recording, nice built-in effects, IAA & Audiobus, a big Mixer window, Aux channels, Automation for Volume & Pan, and lots of other stuff. It's been IOS 8 compatible for a while now, and things work very smoothly compared to other DAWs. I used to use Auria and Cubasis, but I switched to N-Track because I can do great things and avoid the errors that other bloated DAWs have. Give N-Track a shot if you're looking for a great DAW!
I bought this with the intent of connecting it to my Behringer XR18 interface to do live recording at a Jam session I do the sound for every week. It will indeed record all my audio.
I can not get the software to record anything other than the first two chennels in mono, all other channels are recorded as stero paris. This would not be hard to work with, easy enough to split the tracks into L&R mono tracks, right? Nope. Not only can't you do this, but you can't export the track files individually. You have to export a mixdown. Unless you spend another $50 to get their desktop application, which presumably will allow you to work with and export individual tracks into soemthing your regular DAW can work with.
So, nice recorder, works well, but doesn't fit my needs.
Some important features..but
This is the only affordable app i have found that records a midi track and at least 2 audio tracks simultaneously, which is my reason for owning it, i was also very impressed with the sound characteristics when exported to my mac or pc, if only the interface was not so goofy, the button function lay out make it a challenge to operate in a live environment, and i have experienced the midi track not recording when you need it,
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 20, 2014
- Version: 3.7.6
- Size: 68.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Flavio Antonioli
- © Copyright 2014 Flavio Antonioli
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 8 Effects Pack (Reverb, Echo, Compressor, Chorus, Pitch, Crunch and more)$1.99
- MIDI features$3.99
- Pro-audio features$5.99