N26 is The Mobile Bank, Europe’s first completely mobile bank, trusted by more than 2,000,000 customers in 24 markets. N26 gives you complete control of your financial life on your phone. Download the N26 app and open an account in less than 8 minutes. Get a Mastercard, activate Apple Pay and enjoy personal banking features like sub-accounts for organizing your finances and MoneyBeam for instant cash transfers between contacts. Add any number of financial products like overdraft, personal credit, or investments. N26 is banking made simple, modern, and enjoyable.
N26 features include (those features can vary by country):
- Spaces—create sub-accounts for all your goals and keep them all together under one login. Spaces makes it easier to save and gives you control over your spending.
- MoneyBeam––instant cash transfers using only a contact’s email address or phone number
- TransferWise—international money transfers into 19 different currencies
- Apple Pay—make quick and easy payments using your Apple devices in stores, online, and in apps (available in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Ireland and Finland)
- Real-time account activity push notifications
- In-app card control to lock or reorder your card, enable payments abroad, enable online payments, and set withdrawal and payment limits
- Automatic spending categorization
- Up to 5 free ATM withdrawals per month from any ATM, based on a Fair Use policy
N26 products include:
- N26 Black—premium account and Mastercard with comprehensive insurance coverage
- N26 Business—account and Mastercard for freelancers and self-employed customers with 0.1% cashback on all purchases
- N26 Business Black—our premium account for freelancers with comprehensive insurance coverage and free withdrawals abroad.
- N26 Metal—our exclusive card for the digital generation. Featured in 3 stunning colors: charcoal black, quartz rose, and slate grey.
- N26 Overdraft—overdraft up to €1.000 with 8,9% interest rate approved within minutes, and up to €10.000 for existing customers (available in Germany and Austria)
- N26 Credit—paperless personal credit loan between €1.000 and €25.000 (available in Germany, Austria and France)
- N26 Invest—long-term investment tool with low minimum principal and automatic periodic contributions (available in Germany)
- N26 Savings––fixed term savings account with high interest rates up to 1,48% (available in Germany and Austria)
- N26 Insurance––digital insurance dashboard to manage all your policies in one place (available in Germany)
Safety & Security
- Your money is protected by the German Deposit Protection Fund up to €100.000
- Your data is secured according to German data protection requirements
- Your transactions are 3D Secure for additional authentication and fraud protection using Mastercard SecureCode
Ideas & Feedback
We’re able to create an awesome product because you give us awesome ideas and feedback. We listen to your input and make it work so email us at email@example.com or comment in the app (Control Center > Service > Product Ideas).
N26 has been featured internationally by publications like TechCrunch, WIRED, The Financial Times, Forbes, Die Zeit, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Spiegel, BILD, FAZ and many more. N26 has more than 50.000 five-star reviews worldwide.
Introducing the new in-space view together with iOS-only action buttons. We’ve also added new action buttons to your transactions.
The in-space view lets you go into individual spaces and view its transactions. You can also set up goals here and see your progress with a brand new interface.
With the new action buttons on your transactions you can also pull money into your Main Account straight away from another space to cover the cost or save income in a space of your choice.
Give it a try and let us know what you think on Twitter @N26. Happy upgrading!
Ratings and Reviews
under the flashy surface it's a mess
(Update: look at their lackluster almost indifferent response that further supports my review ...)
When you peel back the layers beyond the cool app and flashy upgrades, you find a company utterly incompetent at basic customer service. Their partnership with Allianz is all talk: good luck getting a response if you have a claim and N26 won't do anything to help. Their partnership with Clark is useless. They don't manage anything for you. It takes up to a week to get email support responses and they usually just apologize but not solve your problem. But what bothered me the most is it takes over two weeks to get a new card in the mail. They actually deactivated my old card before I received my new card and so I had online payments bouncing and all types of financial drama. I absolutely hate when companies proritize all these bells and whistles but can't get the basics right.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks, we'll make sure to forward your feedback to the corresponding department to improve our product.
Horrible customer service App crash Payment crash
It is hard even to describe how reluctant they are in means of fixing existing issues - more likely customer service agents could not care more about your issues. I got a spit in a face - the you are the one from a very few with this issue - somebody will look into that.
It is Very likely for the app to fail to recognize iPhone X face recognition, I already got used to login with password. Second huge bombshell is a inability to process wire payments via their badly integrated TransferWise protocol - which has been long ago failing and even more recently stopped working at all - it will crash app now - once a international wire is being initiated it stuck as a pending payment forever in your log. The issue has not been fixed since the September.
USELESS CHAT HELP
In addition N26 called off the telephone support which was very handy and left a chat based support that is literally useless. Agents does nothing to help you at least enough.
In order to connect with chat agent you now have to provide the passport ID and other sensitive date every time you seek a chat help.
Banking game changer in Europe
I could not write anything more positive about this app, concept and the bank itself. Everything they promise for the whole experience is true or even better. I am actively trying to get everyone I know and trust to start using this service and switch from their banks. Finally someone in Europe is re-envisioning the ancient ways we are forced to use our bank accounts. I am so happy that Apple Pay is being rolled out so fast and I hope and ask that we all get it soon too.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.