Baby Names by Nametrix
By Mark Edmond
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured on Good Morning America, Freakonomics.com, New York Times blog, and more.
• "Ava" - Leans toward surgeon or hair stylist?
• "Julian" - Republican or Democrat?
• "Mason" - Southern name or Northeastern?
• "Taylor" - More popular as a boy's name or a girl's?
• "Neveah" - Adult film star name?
Name research taken to another level -- real-world, data-driven analysis you'll find in no other app, website, book or anywhere else.
Our software has analyzed millions of real people's popularity, professions, political activity, and more throughout history via huge public data sets. Explore the results right here in unprecedented detail.
• Disproportionate occupations: Model, Actress, Writer
• Top party: Democrat
• Popularity peaked in 2010, #4 in popularity last year
• Most popular in the Northeast
• Hebrew origin. Meaning: God is my oath
• Only moderately popular among adult film stars
• Similar to Sophia, Brianna, Arianna, Sabrina
• Disproportionate occupations: Librettist, Aerospace Engineer, Speed Skater
• Top party: Libertarian
• Popularity peaked in 1993, #8 in popularity last year
• Most popular in the Northeast
• Greek origin. Meaning: Defender of Man
• Similar to Andrew, Ian, Max, Ryan
Top names for plumbers:
Top names for playwrights:
Can you guess what Lexus, Stormie, Chastity, and Bambi have in common?
What's New in Version 2.0.4
2.0.4: Many new features added to menu
Version 2 is here!
• Completely revamped UI
• New name search feature
• New "P-star quotient" feature
• New demographically-related names feature
• New bookmarks feature
• Updated with the very latest data
If you like Nametrix, please leave a nice review and tell your friends — it really helps.
So much info about my name I didn't know!
I've literally spent hours playing around with this app, looking up my own name, my kids' names, my friends' names, anyone I can think of. My name is popular among writers and directors which makes me feel very cool. The neatest feature is an interactive map where you can see where a name was most popular and when. Really useful if you don't want your daughter to share a name with eight other girls in her kindergarten class wherever you live!
I downloaded a lot of name apps before my first kid was born, but I definitely wish I'd had this one instead.
Frustrating that you can't tap on a name
So, it's frustrating that when you see a name you like on a page you can't tap on it to go to it. For example, I look at John, and it says similar names in popularity are James, etc. I want to look at James, but I can't just tap the name, I have to go back through a menu. That's freaking obnoxious. Otherwise, best app out there with all the info it has. Very fun.
Four stars for the app, minus one for pestering me to rate it
The app is a solid four stars. It's interesting and easy to use, lots if great info. It could use more names though, there are quite a few I've looked for that it just doesn't have.
I took off one star for adding "rate this app" notices to every single entry. That's just obnoxious, guys.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 30, 2014
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 21.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Mark Edmond
- © 2012 Verdant Labs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.