"Great!!! This is a fantastic and very practical application! This app is well worth it! 5 stars!"
"This app has proven to be very helpful for multiple children on my caseload who have difficulty using expanded descriptive language. 5 stars!"
Naming Therapy is the best-selling word-finding app to help people with aphasia and children with special needs practice important naming and description skills.
Designed by a Speech-Language Pathologist for use in the home and clinic, this app features beautiful photos, real voice, and full customization with over 700 words included!
***Try it for FREE as part of Language Therapy Lite***
***One of four full apps included in Language Therapy***
This app has 4 parts:
1) Naming Practice: 400+ pictured nouns with an evidence-based cueing hierarchy and optional self-scoring, with the option to add your own photos and cues. The app records which cue was used to get the correct answer and produces a score report for email. Use different cues within Naming Practice to target confrontation naming, responsive naming, phrase completion, repetition, and oral reading.
2) Describe: 580+ pictures with 4-6 semantic & 4 phonemic question prompts for semantic feature analysis, phonological components analysis, and expanding expression skills. You can add your own words and select from 25 prompts to go with them. Icons representing questions prompting for information about the appearance, category, function, shape, size, color, taste, location and more surround each picture. Target sound knowledge by hearing prompts for first and last sound, rhyming words, and syllables.
3) Naming Test: a set presentation of 30 pictures with scoring and a report. This is a non-standardized test intended for screening a person's ability to name common items. It contains common and less common items of the categories contained in this app. A perfect screener!
4) Flashcards: 700+ clear, full-color pictures including verbs and adjectives; touch to hear the spoken word or see the printed word with the ability to add your own pictures. Use the verb pictures to create sentences or implement response elaboration training.
*Limit words by syllable length to just practice the short ones or target the longer ones - perfect for apraxia
*Real recorded male voice provides a neutral accent in 5 languages with slow, natural speech for easy comprehension
*Child-friendly mode turns off references to alcohol and violence and deactivates links to outside sites on the home screen
*Database controls let you turn each word on or off within the app, so you can customize even further
*Tap is the only motion required - no dragging, swiping or pinching needed for new users and those with motor impairment
NO in-app purchase and NO collection or sharing of private information.
50% discount for Education Volume Purchase Program - put this app in every classroom!
- Recommendations for what to do next now include the new Advanced Writing Therapy and Advanced Language Therapy apps
Ratings and Reviews
Before this app came along I think I had about 6 different apps to target confrontational naming for a variety of photos. This app has it all and it's my 'go-to' now. The photos are high quality and the app is easy to navigate. 5 stars!
Most used app
This is by far one of my most used apps in my clinical practice as a SLP and one of my most recommended apps as well. I love not having to carry a huge deck of cards around the hospital, and the patients are thrilled to use an iPad. Even some of the doctors have requested we "show them the pictures." But the part I love the MOST is the way the app collects data for me. HUGE time saver!
Wonderful app for Speech
Naming TherAppy is a fantastic app for for working with both children an adults who have trouble with expressive speech. With 4 different modes, name practice, name test, describe, and Flashcards, users get multiple chances to cement the information learned. The app is also very customizable!
- Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd
- 293.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 - 2018 Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.