NAMOO - Wonders of Plant Life
By CRAYON BOX Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Smart toys can make science exciting! NAMOO is a fun, engaging exploration of the life of plants. Discover how leaves make food, experiment with underground root systems, or play with the parts of a plant cell! Interactive 3D simulations and straightforward language enable an immersive experience for curious minds.
*** App Store New Apps We Love ***
*** Parents' Choice Silver Award ***
"This educational plant app illustrates lessons and engages students much better than any textbook or video."
–Jenny Bristol, Common Sense Media
"The existence of tools like NAMOO reminds me of why (in the right context) educational iPad apps can be SO AMAZING AND BENEFICIAL."
–Luke Dormehl, Cult of Mac
"With a pleasant pace and a charming feel, it sets the standard for functional learner-centered mobile education."
–Sarah Bell, Huffington Post
"NAMOO is a FANTASTIC TEACHING TOOL for children with its attractive visuals and interactive experience. However, it is also a great app for adults interested in learning more about the topics too."
–Sandy Stachowiak, AppAdvice
"NAMOO is one of the most beautiful science app for kids I’ve ever seen... If you want to take your kids on an immersive tour across the different parts of a plant, this app is a MUST-HAVE."
–Eric Pramono, Geeks With Juniors
"This app is PERFECT for independent exploration... You’re sure to spark the interest of students as you give them a chance to interact with high-quality content."
–Monica Burns, ClassTechTips
There are many basic yet surprising things to learn about the inner workings of trees and flowers. How do plants turn carbon dioxide into food? How do flowers become fruits? Through the use of colorful interactive models, Namoo will help students gain a deeper understanding of the science at work. Namoo goes beyond the textbook! It is a multi-layered journey where you can play, experiment, and learn with ease.
Namoo features nine chapters. Each chapter is dedicated to a part of a plant and its function, including roots, stems, leaves, and flowers. Two chapters provide an in-depth look at cell structure and photosynthesis may awaken the scientist within!
In the world of Namoo, dynamic visuals are accompanied by clear explanations. Every tap of the screen yields a new bit of information. With students in mind, we have also included comprehensive reading blocks for each chapter. Namoo is designed to be a one-stop solution and an immersive tour through plant life.
- Nine chapters including: roots, root tips, leaf anatomy, plant cells, photosynthesis, flowers and fruits, trunks, and stems
- VR experience for the plant cell chapter
- Original 3D artwork, music and sound design
- Encyclopedia-inspired, interactive 3D simulations
- Plain labels, clear explanations, and student friendly reading sections
- Immersive and fun learning for kids and adults
- Discover amazing processes such as pollination or photosynthesis in fun, engaging way
- Experiment with different environmental conditions and see what happens!
What's New in Version 1.2.2
- Leaf chapter's bug fixed
- Don't forget to tell us about your experience with VR. Which chapter do you want to see in VR next? We're always listening!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 23, 2017
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 193 MB
- Languages: English, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: CRAYON BOX Inc.
- © 2017 CRAYON BOX Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.