"[Nano for Reddit] operates smoothly, resulting in a frustration-free Reddit experience" - DigitalTrends
Nano is the best way to browse Reddit on your Apple Watch. From voting on posts, checking your inbox, and reading the latest news, Nano has you covered.
Nano was designed from the ground-up to utilise the Apple Watch's unique screen size and layout, and what resulted was an intuitive and smooth Reddit experience.
Nano also has inline-Twitter support, GIF support, an inbuilt article reader, and so much more!
Note: Some features displayed in the screenshots are part of an optional paid pro upgrade. These include favourites, multireddits, more than 5 subscriptions, and Handoff support.
This update brings support for new screen sizes.
It also brings a fix to a bug where your inbox would endlessly load.
Thanks for using Nano!
Ratings and Reviews
Finally...a truly functional watch app!
I’ve never left a review before...after trying out soooo many watch apps I often feel disappointed and rarely do I want to pay for an app without trying it first. I’m in love with this app for my news feeds. I love that it provides a full download of the article. It’s extremely useful and easy to use UI. The free version is amazing and provide more than enough articles however after seeing the functionality I am definitely going to pay for it.
2 small points. I wasn’t sure if paying for the pro version was a 1 time fee or monthly or annual. Appreciate if that is clarified somewhere. Also in the free version or the pro version I don’t have the option to select which subscriptions are accessible. It seems like only when I delete / unsubscribe via the app to a community does it place a new community in my thread vs seeing all my subscriptions and selecting the 5 free ones I want available. I wonder when I pay for the pro version if it just adds all my communities or if I can select only the ones I want to access via Nano.
I wasn’t a Reddit user until now. Thank you for the developing such a useful app. I love that it plays video, it’s ease of use, and overall that it’s functional in every aspect. I wish other apps followed the same approach as you did. Thank you!!
Hey Curljay! Happy to answer your questions!
Nano Pro adds all of your subreddits, not just 5. With the free version, you cannot pick the 5 that are displayed, they are the first 5 alphabetically in your subscriptions.
Regarding Nano Pros payment, it is a one time pay what you want option. Not monthly or annual, just the one time thing 🙂.
If you have any more questions, you can contact me from the “Support” section of the iOS app.
Reddit on AW.... amazing.
Before learning about this app, I never even considered being able to use reddit on my wrist. However, with the amazing functionality and usability of Nano just like a reddit client I would use on another device, I am blown away by the new opportunity that I now have on my Apple Watch. Nicely done!
One bit of feedback that I would really like to provide is the possibility of adding a data saver mode. Being someone with very limited data, it would be nice to only have images and other media download when I intend to. Right now, you have the option to disable them loading when scrolling through the full list of a subreddit (which is great). However, I’d really like to see that extend in that, when you click a reddit post, you could be able to only download media if you click a specific “Download” button rather than have it auto-download.
Hello! Thank you for the rating, it is very appreciated! the data-saver mode is a good idea, I've added it to the planned features so it will be added in the coming weeks.
An excellent companion
- finally, a reddit client for my watch! Is it for replacing a phone? No, but it can if you just need minor browsing, checking a particular sub regularly, or responding to messages. Exactly what i needed
- interface is really good for watch OS. Loads pretty smoothly, with occasional lag on thumbnail-heavy subs if my battery is low. Otherwise, few issues.
- a discord server for interacting with the dev(s) and providing feedback. Really cool about realtime troubleshooting. Several bugs I have mentioned to the dev have already been resolved (and hence removed from this review)
- 3 options to pay what you want to support the dev. That fact alone made me want to give a higher tier payment for further support.
- a minor visual bug when switching between apps (already being addressed)
- the option to select which sub pops up when I first open the app does not currently work
Keep up the great work!
Hey Tyler! Thanks for the review :) I'm hard at work on an update to fix your concerns! UPDATE: "currently logs you out on the phone companion, but the watch stays logged in" this has been fixed in the released 1.0.1
- Will Bishop
- 31.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Will Bishop
- In-App Purchases
- Nano Pro $1.99
- Nano Pro $3.99
- Nano Pro $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.