By Anderson Publishing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The “Nantucket” app was created to inform you about everything Nantucket before you get here and to serve as an invaluable resource while you are here. Nantucket is known for many things:its stunning beaches, its rich history and, of course, its world-class restaurants. Trying to navigate through the island’s history, its eateries, where to go and what to do, can be a daunting and difficult task. Let us help you with the most comprehensive mobile guide to Nantucket. You will discover numerous sites and activities that you will not want to miss while on vacation.
Plan everything from where to stay, where to rent a bike, what event to attend and which beach to visit. We give you glimpses into Christmas Stroll, Daffodil Festival and the natural side of Nantucket in breathtaking videos and allow you to view interiors of trendy boutiques and world-class restaurants. You will even be able to view seasonal menus to help you decide where to make a reservation. Our goal is to help you feel as if you are here before you ever step a foot on “The Grey Lady At Sea.” We suggest places “Not to Miss” spots that let you experience the beauty and local flavor of Nantucket.
Who knows Nantucket better than a publisher who has lived on Nantucket for more than 35 years and produces more than 250,000 issues of magazines and phone books annually, as well as a filmmaker who has lived here for more than 15 years and has passionately photographed and produced documentaries about almost every inch of Nantucket Island.
Both of these professionals were committed to producing a comprehensive, hand-held resource for all aspects of Nantucket. This app will be updated daily. The information it includes comes directly from the businesses that are listed on the app, town organizations, local photographers and a current community calendar. It gives users the most reliable information possible. All areas of the island are described so that you can decide where to explore. Practical information abounds: bike paths, runner routes and beaches are detailed on their respective maps; tide charts and local weather; ferry, plane and bus schedules; locations of public restrooms; an in-Town street map; emergency phone numbers and so much more. Needless to say, we feel it is the most complete and accurate app produced about Nantucket.
• A “Businesses Not To Miss” section, with the 10 “best of” in each category
• Geo-locations for island areas, beaches, businesses, etc.
• Detailed street map of Town
• Listings of local businesses with touch-dial to phone, email, Web and social media sites.
• A “Favorite” section of your own favorites to remember
• Restaurant listings and their menus
• Guesthouse and Inn listings
• Shop and boutique listings
• Listings of Real Estate offices and brokers
• Local services
• Activities around the Island and a “Just-for-Kids” section
• Videos of every season by local filmmaker Dan Driscoll
• Audio tours around town with historical information and photos
• Car and bicycle rentals, along with links to ferry, airlines and bus schedules
• Useful information
All the important information to know about Nantucket is in this mobile app guide, which you can keep in your pocket and always have at your fingertips.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
Minor UI changes
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 19, 2015
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 60.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Anderson Publishing, Inc.
- © Anderson Publishing, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.