Napkin - Concise Image Annotation and Communication
By Aged & Distilled, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Napkin is the ultimate tool for concise visual communication. Painlessly create visual notes and diagrams and share the results quickly.
Use Napkin when you need to create an image that makes your point crystal clear. Designers, product managers, software developers, artists, photographers, bloggers, journalists and anyone who needs to annotate images will find Napkin makes their lives easier.
With Napkin, you have the perfect tool to create great-looking and content-rich images with an application that is easy to learn and low friction in use.
A few of the countless applications include:
• Call attention to a detail in a photo
• Comment on a graphic design
• Create a visual tutorial
• Markup a screenshot
• Sketch a quick diagram
• Create a visual specification
• Caption an image
• Annotate a map
• Report a bug
• Make an image for your blog
• Provide a visual aid for tech support
• Show a sequence of steps
No Tools Required
Napkin's unique scribbling interface makes it a breeze to quickly communicate your ideas without a cumbersome tool-based interface. Markup your images with text, shapes and arrows in seconds by just drawing or typing. Napkin gets out of your way, letting you construct your message in a natural and fluid process.
Get the Images You Need
Place and arrange any number of images on your napkin. Need a quick screenshot or still from your laptop camera? We have the features to quickly import the content you need.
Call-Out the Details
Napkin's innovative Call-Outs allow you to emphasize precise elements of images. Just focus the Call-Out on a portion of an image and it magnifies the content you want to highlight like magic.
Red Lines allow you to display precise pixel measurements in images. Prefect for commenting on graphic designs or detailing specifications to your colleagues.
Dying to share that message, but don't want to broadcast that account number? Napkin allows you to quickly redact areas of an image you need to keep private. Napkin can even automatically coverup faces in images to protect the innocent!
Dress It Up
Napkin excels at creating markup with zero friction. Our default styles look great and require no fussing about. Like to fiddle and finesse the look anyway? We still have you covered. Add decorative frames to images and text. Style your text with the rich type controls Mac users expect. Fill your shapes and arrows with any color from the rainbow. Use our textured background, or simply go with white or transparent as desired.
Napkin makes it a snap to share your creation with others. Mail, Messages, Twitter and Facebook are all supported. Our inventive File Pip in the toolbar makes creating an image file snapshot of your work as easy as drag and drop.
Need to host a web link to your image? Napkin can leverage your iCloud account to create a public URL using our nap.kn service that you can share with everyone. No setup or additional accounts required!
Built for OS X Mountain Lion
Napkin supports all the great features of Mountain Lion — iCloud, Notification Center, Twitter and Facebook Sharing, Full Screen, Auto Save and more!
• Quickly and easily annotate images
• Create simple diagrams
• Place a variety of image file formats
• Take screenshots of windows or portions of your desktop
• Insert a still directly from your laptop camera
• Add shapes, text, arrows and red lines
• Bring attention to areas of interest with call-outs
• Redact sensitive portions of images before sharing
• Share your result using Mail, iCloud, Messages and more
• Export as an image for use in other applications
• Enjoy Retina display support
• Get your point across clearly and concisely
What's New in Version 1.1.5
- Fixed a problem on Yosemite where choosing 'More...' from the sharing menu would cause the document to remain stuck in the sharing state.
- Improved messaging when iCloud is disabled on Yosemite when choosing iCloud sharing.
- Fixed a problem where two Open dialogs would appear on launch on Yosemite.
- Fixed a problem where sharing to iCloud on Yosemite would fail.
- The last used custom text style is now remembered as the default for future documents.
- Setting custom text attributes that match the Body or Header styles are now properly indicated in the format bar.
- Opening a document no longer changes the application defaults to match that document.
- The default Custom text style now uses center-aligned text.
- Sharing your napkin now properly animates the canvas away.
- Napkin no longer presents the Open dialog when all documents are closed.
- The Welcome Window now hides itself when a document is opened or created.
- The Welcome Window now has an option to open a document as well as create a new document.
- Napkin now hides the document window when you drag the File Pip from the toolbar.
If you enjoy using Napkin, please consider leaving a review on the Mac App Store. We really appreciate it!
Worth Every Penny
I can’t imagine my day to day life without this app. Every little detail is just right. I have to take a lot of screenshots for a lot of documents and there is a wide variety of software I can use to annotate these images. Every single other app I’ve tried for this purpose has drained me. Napkin is pure joy to use. Everything is obvious and simple. The app is as fun as it is useful. (Ane let me say that the ability to drag a PNG of the current image right off the toolbar to the finder is a GODSEND.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this app.
Perfect for quick documentation and walk throughs
This great application is my go-to when I need to produce any kind of quick 1 or 2-page how-to document or walk through, whether for clients or family. The screen capture function is perfect, and Napkin has some great ways to annotate. Sharing is incredibly easy - dragging the document icon from the app to e-mail automatically creates a PNG-format document that recipients on any platform can read.
I thought far too long before deciding to buy this app; sure there are cheaper tools for annotating screen shots, but the convenience of Napkin makes it incredibly useful. It does just enough to make it easy to annotate and highlight screenshots. I use this a lot, great tool.