Design quick mocks, directly on your phone.
Napkin is a lightweight user interface design tool made for mocking up quick ideas directly on your iPhone. Core features include:
1. Share your designs as PDFs through Dropbox, Slack, Email, and more
2. Ability to open PDFs in Sketch or Illustrator to continue working
3. Rectangle, circle, photo, label, paragraph, and icon layer types
4. Multiple artboards
5. Snap to grid
6. Pinching and zooming canvas
7. When zoomed in layers can be resized without snapping to grid
8. Layer locking and ordering
9. Double tap to edit any layer
10. Two finger tap to duplicate
11. Autosave of your mockups when you background the app
12. Long press + drag to select multiple and reposition multiple layers.
Long press + drag to select and reposition multiple layers!
Ratings and Reviews
A few updates and this app will be amazing!
Right now it's a little too bare bones to call great, but give it time this app will be revolutionary.
Simple and very reliable!
Waste of time – poor UI
The interface is horribly unintuitive – in an app made for UI designers? There's no explanation how to use the app at all – you'll most likely get thrown onto a totally blank screen with no menus and the only option is to double-click and change the color of the background. If you slide in from the right just perfectly you may figure out how to bring in the sidebar – but it's not easy. It just takes way too long to get any real design done – You could knock out a mock-up much faster using Keynote – an app which also lets you set up buttons and triggers to go to different screens. This is just a slow, buggy way to create a single screen graphic.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.