Napoleon: Total War - Gold Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
One of the “Best Games of 2013” in the “Mac App Store Best of 2013”!
Take command of Napoleon’s army in its greatest campaigns.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Rewrite history in this sophisticated combination of real-time battle tactics and turn-based political strategy set against the turbulent backdrop of the Napoleonic Wars. Can you surpass the glorious achievements of history’s greatest military commander?
Napoleon: Total War - Gold Edition for Mac challenges you to combine diplomatic cunning with strategic vision and military genius in order to lead your nation to victory across the campaign maps of Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
• Fight famous battles such as Austerlitz, the Battle of the Nile and Waterloo under the same conditions faced by Napoleon himself.
• Command thousands of troops in enormous real-time land battles and naval engagements.
• Plan and execute the strategy of a nation as you lead one of the great European powers across the turn-based campaign map.
• Lead the forces of France or one of the Four Great Powers: Great Britain, Austria, Prussia and Russia, allied against it.
• Forge alliances, negotiate trade routes and research new ideas and technologies to build an economic and military superpower.
• Dominate LAN and online multiplayer modes: shape unique scenarios, enable drop-in battles and even fight entire campaigns against human opponents. Supports Game Center (OS X 10.8.3 required).
• Napoleon: Total War - Gold Edition includes the main game, The Peninsular Campaign and three unit packs: the Imperial Eagle Pack, the Heroes of the Napoleonic Wars Pack and the Coalition Battle Pack.
Important information regarding Napoleon: Total War - Gold Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 30GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and NVIDIA 8xxx series.
• The following graphics cards require 8GB of system RAM: Intel HD3000, Intel HD4000, NVIDIA 9400 and NVIDIA 320M.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the Napoleon: Total War – Gold Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/napoleontw
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Fixes a bug which prevents running on 4GB graphics cards.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Very fun game just a little challenged.
So the game downloaded fine and for the first few hours of gameplay there werent any issues. After maybe 20+ hours the game started to crash after certain battles. I haven’t found out exactly what causes the game to crash but it usually does so near the conclusion of the battle. The weird thing is the battle isn’t even that big, maybe 4 or 5 enemy units and 7-8 of my own units. To circumvent the random crashes I just save my game after every battle.
Otherwise besides the random crashes the game runs fine, a little slow at times but thats expected running a basic mac. Ive played this game on two microsoft computers and now on mac and I do have to say it was much smoother on a microsoft surface pro 1. I am running a macbook pro with a 8gb ram and 4gb graphics card and it runs fine for what I want but it obviously wasn’t built for gaming.
Overall I would recommend this game for anyone wanting to play a realistic strategy game. Next on my list of games to get is empire total war, I hope that it will work better.
I’m a long time fan of the Total War series but this version has certainly left a sour taste. I have a mid 2014 Macbook Pro with specs that should more than adequate to support the game. However, even if I run the game on the lowest resolution it continues to crash. It crashes randomly and more frequently as the map playing area and army sizes increases. As it stands it is crashing at almost every turn. It can crash during battles, when the AI is making its moves on the map, when I’m making moves on the map etc…. I’ve even resorted to simulating all my battles because it’s infuriating when the game crashes 40 minutes into an epic battle. I have also had to resort to saving the game after every move because the crash often causes me to lose the last autosave/quicksave.
Unless this issue is resolved I would strongly urge people NOT to purchase the game. Personally, I will not purchase another product from he total war franchise until the issues with this game are resolved. (Hopefully sooner rather than later….)
Why does this version always crash?
I love the Total War franchise and have owned and played Empire and Rome I on a Mac. I purchased the Napoleon TW installment on Mac when it initially came out and had zero issues, although I would say the graphics and sound are comparatively lame to PC versions (i.e. smoke/fog effect non-existent, disappearing bodies, musket fire sounds more like a pop gun, etc.). Then, about 5 months ago, my hard drive crashed and I had to replace it. Ever since the crash and recent update, this game crashes like crazy. As other customers have observed, it will randomly and unexpectedly crash and send me to my desktop every 5-10 minutes; sometimes within a few minutes of opening it.
This game is remarkable, and easily 4-5 stars, except for the crashes. Can someone please fix this?! And soon?! I’ve always been a Mac guy but my Total War addiction needs to be fed! If this keeps up I might just have to start looking at PC gaming consoles.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 20, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 16.66 GB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © SEGA. Creative Assembly, the Creative Assembly logo, Total War, Napoleon: Total War and the Total War logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Ship plans courtesy of the National Maritime Museum. Uses Miles Sound System. Copyright © 1991-2013 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Portions of this software utilize SpeedTree® Technology (©2003-2007 Interactive Data Visualization, Inc.). SpeedTree® is a registered trademark of Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later