narwhal for reddit
By Rick Harrison
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
narwhal is a fast, gesture-based application to browse all of reddit. All of these features were designed from the ground up specifically for iOS:
- View any and all subreddits
- A seamless experience to see a link and its comments at the same time
- Voting on posts and comments through a simple swipe
- Hide and save links to your reddit account
- Add new posts to your favorite subreddit
- View all of your orangereds
- What are you waiting for!? It’s free, go ahead and download!
What's New in Version 2.14
Happy new year!! We hope you enjoy these new features:
- GIFs will now automatically play in big image mode while scrolling on WiFi.
- Adds automatic GIF settings for only on WiFi (default), always, or never.
- True black setting for night mode
- Adds support for smart invert so media looks as intended
- Sharing to remove ads is back!
- Fixes issue with sharing links not using the native UI
- Shows error when trying to comment on a locked/archived thread so you don't waste your time writing a comment!
Let us know what you'd like to see in the next version in /r/getnarwhal!
True black mode made this the go-to Reddit client
I was an Alienblue user when it was a good app. Then Reddit bought Alienblue just to destroy it and replace it with the official Reddit app which I only hear bad things about. Narwhal took the best of what users love about Alienblue and expanded upon it. The $4 to make this ad-free was more than worth it. The app is so good, the developers are selling t-shirts now due to demand. And now, with the update of true black mode, no more greyscale night mode; this things looks absurdly polished now. Just pick this up and never return to another Reddit client that leaves screen real estate to die on the sides or never go back to official Reddit nonsense.
Wonderful, a must have.
I started on reddit five or six years ago after my soon to be wife got me started. I’ve since moved from desktop browsing to constant browsing on mobile and narwhal is a vast improvement over the mobile site with customization options I couldn’t live without.
It’s highly stable and I’ve never crashed or even seen a bug with the app. GIF browsing is fast and the slide to upvote, downvote, and hide post make things so simple and streamlined.
10/10 would use again.
Laggy scrolling on iPhone X, no Mod support
I’ve been using Narwhal since it launched, and I really do love it! But I’m a mod of a few subs and it’s incredibly frustrating how there aren’t any mod tools. I end up using Apollo for that.
Even more frustrating is the laggy scrolling I’ve noticed on the iPhone X. It seems to usually only happen while the scrolling is slowing down or speeding up, so I’m guessing it occurs when the scrolling framerate doesn’t evenly divide into the timestep rate.
Please at least fix the scrolling, and I’d really appreciate mod tools too!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 02, 2018
- Version: 2.14
- Size: 72.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rick Harrison
- © 2016-2017 robot swingset, llc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- narwhal pro upgrade$3.99