narwhal for reddit
By Rick Harrison
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
narwhal is a fast, gesture-based application to browse all of reddit. All of these features were designed from the ground up specifically for iOS:
- View any and all subreddits
- A seamless experience to see a link and its comments at the same time
- Voting on posts and comments through a simple swipe
- Hide and save links to your reddit account
- Add new posts to your favorite subreddit
- View all of your orangereds
- What are you waiting for!? It’s free, go ahead and download!
What's New in Version 2.11.1
We hope you've been enjoying the updates. Come let us know more in /r/getnarwhal.
Reviews really help us out sooooooo much. If you wouldn't mind leaving us a review with some feedback, we'd really appreciate it! And we'll give you high fives in /r/getnarwhal. Here are the goods:
- Attempts to fix the blank white screen Safari bug. If you ever see a full white screen when clicking on a link in a comment, please let us know immediately in /r/getnarwhal !
- Adds advanced setting to collapse AutoModerator comments.
- Adds advanced setting to auto play videos in 3D Touch
- Adds support for spoilers using (#spoiler) style links
- Fixes issue with youtube fallback for links in comments
- Fixes issue preventing album posts from creating successfully
- Fixes issue where videos would stop playing after popping 3d touch
- Fixes crash related to searches
Let us know what you'd like to see in the next version in /r/getnarwhal!
It's not bad
I really enjoy the user interface. Very clean although sometimes hard to tell the posts apart and very sleek and fast. My huge gripe with this program, being as it was designed from the ground up for iOS, is that when I swipe to the right to go back, 8/10 times it starts me to reply to a comment. What is the way about 99% of iPhone users go back a page? Swiping to the right. Why does swiping right, unless I'm only on an image or very precisely swipe, start to reply to a comment? How about in order to access the options for a comment or post, just one solid left swipe to access all options, including replies.
Very irritated with this feature alone, almost worth going back to the Reddit app
The in app video player is absolutely fantastic however, great work with that
All in all, the app functions exactly as you'd expect it to. It has many benefits and drawbacks, however the largest being the lack of right swipe support (for lack of a better term)
At least give me the option to disable it or control what happens when I swipe right. I'd rather have it open an options menu instead of immediately start a reply.
What a wonderful reddit access app! One of the few apps in general that I've paid to remove ads because I enjoy the UI and features so much. The swipe features are intuitive for votes, saving posts is great, night mode is easy on my eyes, and the video player is fantastic.
There is only one gripe I have with this app though. There should be an option for returning back a page that doesn't interfere with the More menu, since both right swipe features are precariously close to each other. Overall, it is a small annoyance but not one that will make me so using Narwhal.
Thanks for all your hard work!
It just gets better and better.
Narwhal is beautiful, chock full of functionality, gets really frequent major updates, and is an excellent Reddit client. Nothing else even comes close to the level of polish and care that has gone into Narwhal's usability. Already stuffed full of wonderful easy to use features, the new 2.11.1 fixes lots of little bugs. The Narwhal team is also super responsive to the community, and is in /r/getnarwhal all the time.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 01, 2017
- Version: 2.11.1
- Size: 59.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rick Harrison
- © 2016 Rick Harrison
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- narwhal pro upgrade$3.99