narwhal for reddit
By Rick Harrison
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
narwhal is a fast, gesture-based application to browse all of reddit. All of these features were designed from the ground up specifically for iOS:
- View any and all subreddits
- A seamless experience to see a link and its comments at the same time
- Voting on posts and comments through a simple swipe
- Hide and save links to your reddit account
- Add new posts to your favorite subreddit
- View all of your orangereds
- What are you waiting for!? It’s free, go ahead and download!
What's New in Version 2.11
We apologize about the pop-up advertisements that have been affecting some of you. We hate these ads just as much as you do and have put in some more precautionary measures in this update to prevent these types of ads. Also, we have been working with our ad provider to eliminate any and all versions of popups. Thank you for sticking with us and helping make narwhal the best reddit app.
Reviews really help us out sooooooo much. If you wouldn't mind leaving us a review with some feedback, we'd really appreciate it! And we'll give you high fives in /r/getnarwhal. Here are the goods:
- Adds alternate app icons to advanced settings (iOS 10.3+ only)
- Re-order your subscribed subreddits in the menu customization advanced settings
- Tap menu headers to collapse that section
- Customize which menu sections are shown or hidden in the menu customization advanced settings
- Re-order menu sections in the menu customization advanced settings
- Updates youtube code to minimize video load errors
- Falls back to web view if a video can not be loaded for some reason
- Fixes issue where safari view (links in comments) would show a blank white screen
- Fixes issue where you would accidentally reply to yourself in a message thread
- Fixes links in comments to /r/all and /r/popular
- Fixes issue sharing links that contain #
- Fixes issue where passcode is not erased after re-installation
Let us know what you'd like to see in the next version in /r/getnarwhal!
Narwhal is the new AlienBlue
Narwhal is my go-to app for Reddit. I begrudgingly left AlienBlue since development stopped. Narwhal has a beautiful UI and all my favorite features...night mode (which is super easy to change back and forth by one touch), large image/small image choices for browsing subreddits, auto hide read posts (Reddit is always new and fresh!!), subreddit filtering, various fonts and sizes, passcode lock, and lots of user interface choices.
I'll give Narwhal five stars when they add Reader View when reading a linked article so the font is bigger, weird formatting is removed and ads are eliminated.
Super fantastic app
Amazing but needs one more feature
It would be nice if this app could sync with what I already viewed on Reddit-actual. Maybe a RES integration? That way posts I saw in my computer don't show up as New in the app as they currently do. Also votes don't seem to sync between devices. I'll upvote something on the app and it doesn't show as upvoted in the website. But it does show up as "upvoted" when I go to my profile. Same backwards. I'll upvote in the computer website and then the app doesn't show the upvote. But it does appear in my profile when I check in the app. I hope this made some sense
Absolutely love it!
Honestly, you guys went out of your way to do the most! I love Narwhal more than any other method to browse Reddit. Night mode was genius! The filters, search functions, and customization are unlike any other. Giving the option to change the app icon on the home screen is really going above and beyond. I also love how everything is so smooth, intuitive and simple, and adding a tutorial to further help anyone confused helps even more. Thank you for such a great, convenient app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 12, 2017
- Version: 2.11
- Size: 59.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rick Harrison
- © 2016 Rick Harrison
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- narwhal pro upgrade$3.99