narwhal for reddit
By Rick Harrison
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
narwhal is a fast, gesture-based application to browse all of reddit. All of these features were designed from the ground up specifically for iOS:
- View any and all subreddits
- A seamless experience to see a link and its comments at the same time
- Voting on posts and comments through a simple swipe
- Hide and save links to your reddit account
- Add new posts to your favorite subreddit
- View all of your orangereds
- What are you waiting for!? It’s free, go ahead and download!
What's New in Version 2.12
It took us some time to get the app fixed up for iOS 11, but it's ready for primetime!
Reviews really help us out sooooooo much. If you wouldn't mind leaving us a review with some feedback, we'd really appreciate it! And we'll give you high fives in /r/getnarwhal. Here are the goods:
- Updates app and fixes bugs for iOS 11
- Adds support for reddit videos (v.redd.it links)
- Adds recently viewed links under "explore" in the menu
- Adds advanced setting to collapse stickied comments
- Fixes issue where comments would take a long time to finish closing
- Removes background audio advanced setting and sets audio to always mix with background audio. This will fix the bug where videos stop having sound
- Temporarily removes share to unlock because iOS 11 removed sharing options. It will be back!
- Fixes issue with links being copied twice on sharing
- Fixes other issues with sharing where links would not show up at all
- Fixes a crash when subreddits are loading their links
- Fixes issue where web links would continue playing audio after going back
- Fixes issue where saving GIFs takes up disk space
Let us know what you'd like to see in the next version in /r/getnarwhal!
So much customization!
Coming from iAlien (which I was very happy with) was kinda weird. The menu bar being on the right than the left was hard to get used to also. BUT as time went on the app gained more traction and more customization options kept being added. Things like what happens to a video or post when force touching (for force touch compatible devices) or what icon you prefer to use. Dark and light mode with a single tap! No going through settings to change the mode when viewing at night or day. The font you read can be changed. Literally almost everything can be changed to your liking. You can even hide certain menu options that you find yourself never using at all. Hopefully one day they add an option to switch the menu tab from the right to left lol.
Recently a new tab was added called recently viewed and my goodness I did not know how much I actually would use that tab. I always find posts I find interesting but forget to save it and wouldn’t be able to find it later. Now I just go to that tab and it’s there! It’s super useful.
Really great! But...
The app is awesome, but one thing i don't like is that if you leave the app and then go back on it refreshes pretty often bringing you back to the top, this may be out of control for the makers though and thats understandable. One thing id really love to see and i think a lot of people would enjoy too is a folder setting for anything you save, for ex: if i want to save a song from a music sub id like to be able to create a folder specifically for music so i don't have to scroll through all the random crap i save. I hope you guys take requests like that, i know it would make my narwhal experience 100x better :D
Really good app, nice design, gestures work very well. I've been using it for a quite a while and decided to review now since I saw the devs asking for people to send reviews in the update notes (which is so much better than if they threw a pop up asking for reviews inside the app).
One of the very few apps I've paid for the complete/ads-less version, and it was totally worth it!
Support for Reddit videos has come right on time! Keep up the good work and the regular updates!
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 17, 2017
- Version: 2.12
- Size: 59.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rick Harrison
- © 2016 Rick Harrison
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- narwhal pro upgrade$3.99