Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Come explore with NASA and discover the latest images, videos, mission information, news, feature stories, tweets, NASA TV and featured content with the NASA App for iOS.
• View over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
• Watch over 10,000 on demand NASA Videos from around the agency
• Rate photos and videos, then check out which ones make the top rated list
• Choose the best images, videos or news stories and keep them available in the favorites folder
• Save images to your mobile device as backgrounds and wallpapers
• Read the latest news & feature stories
• Discover the latest NASA mission information
• Watch live NASA TV
• Listen to Third Rock internet streaming radio
• Get the latest launch information & countdown clocks
• View upcoming sighting opportunities (visible passes for the ISS) and get notifications before they happen
• Display ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
• Explore the featured content and programs section
• Get the latest tweets from around the agency
• Easily share everything with friends on Facebook and Twitter
• Display a map with information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
What's New in Version 3.23
- Added support for streaming content to Apple TV, Chromecast and Fire TV devices.
- Implemented various bug fixes and enhancements.
HD Camera Always Black
Every time I go to look at the Camera of Earth it's usually black, the camera can't be offline that much nor can it be changing cameras that much or hidden from earths view that much.
Also the few times I have it were not that spectacular it would be nice to know what we were looking at like a narrative caption scrolling to let viewers know.
Also the little tiny map in the left top corner really is no good it's so small and it's very hard to know where the satellite is, move your fingers to try and look around the map to see where you are and it pops back immediately preventing you from seeing where the camera is now. The whole interface needs to be redone until then I'm deleting the app.
Why go with a 3rd party app when can get images from their sources? Two of the biggest are NASA & JPL apps. Get random picture of the day or browse their entire libraries!
Like some of the interactive images that have (for example) information on the planets-- just tap on them.
Keeps crashing when downloading news stories.
This app is great except for the last few days it keeps crashing when trying to download new- news stories. I've deleted and re-downloaded the app with no luck. Hopefully they figure it out soon.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 19, 2016
- Version: 3.23
- Size: 18.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NASA
- © 2016: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes