National Archives DocsTeach
By National Archives and Records Administration
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DocsTeach is the app for learning with documents, from the U.S. National Archives. Students can enter a classroom code to access and complete activities assigned to them, or choose from a selection of learning activities by historical era.
The app works alongside the DocsTeach.org website, where educators can find or create primary source-based activities to share with students either on the website or on their iPads.
• Complete activities assigned by your teacher using the classroom code provided.
• Or choose an era and challenge yourself with an activity.
• Inspect and analyze digitized primary sources in high resolution.
• Engage in activities that help you make sense of stories, events, and ideas of the past using historical documents from the holdings of the U.S. National Archives.
• Create a classroom of engaging activities in your free account on the DocsTeach.org website, then share the classroom’s auto-generated code with your students to access on their iPads.
• Include your favorite activities created by the National Archives or other educators.
• Design your own activities to share using the custom activity-creation tools: Discussion Topic, Spotlight, Zoom/Crop, Compare and Contrast, White Out/Black Out, Finding a Sequence, Making Connections, Mapping History, Seeing the Big Picture, Weighing the Evidence, and Interpreting Data.
• Learn more at DocsTeach.org/resources/app
• Register for a free account at DocsTeach.org
DocsTeach is the online tool for teaching with documents from the U.S. National Archives. It is a product of the National Archives education division and made possible in part by the National Archives Foundation through the support of Texas Instruments, the William Randolph Hearst Foundation, and Capital One.
What's New in Version 2.0.3
Brand new app designed to work with the new Docsteach.org
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 04, 2016
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Archives and Records Administration
- © National Archives and Records Administration
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.