Tap into the power of the Emerald Club® with the National Car Rental® app. We’ve made the app better and faster than ever with features to help you take control of your rental experience on the go.
Speed & convenience in the palm of your hand
• As an Emerald Club member, profile details are automatically applied so reservations are easier than ever
• Access current and upcoming trip information as well as past rental history
• Search National locations worldwide and view location details, like hours of operation, addresses and phone numbers – even get arrival directions to the lot
• Contact roadside assistance or 24/7 customer support, and access frequently asked questions.
Tools for the Control Enthusiast
• Rental Tracker℠ provides you with timely and important information about your rental when you need it.
• Manage your Emerald Club profile, view your progress to the next Emerald Club tier and credits toward free rental days.
• Extend your rental directly from the app by simply choosing a new return date.
Virtually everything you need to get on the road
• With Emerald Checkout℠, you can take control to a whole new level at Emerald Aisle locations. Scan a vehicle in the aisle (and view details like mileage and features), confirm your rental options and accelerate your exit process with a Virtual Pass barcode.
• Choose your vehicle from virtually anywhere with Virtual Aisle℠ (available at select locations). Upon arrival, use the app to choose a specific vehicle (with details like mileage and features) and we’ll hold it for 15 minutes so you can show your Virtual Pass, get the keys and go.
The National app proudly celebrates it's five year anniversary in the AppStore, helping Emerald Club members Go Like A Pro since 2013.
We are constantly working to improve your app experience and have added enhancements to help you Go Like A Pro.
We updated the Emerald Club Profile section with Enhanced phone number support now allows up to 4 phone numbers with extensions.
The app has been enhanced for iOS 12, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max support.
How’s the National app working? Your feedback and suggestions are important to us. Please consider leaving us a review. If you are experiencing problems outside the app and need immediate assistance, please contact us directly.
Ratings and Reviews
Like many aspects of National, the app is lacking
A key way to judge any company not when things go right, but how do they respond when things go wrong. National is a perfect example of this philosophy. Take for example the countless times when returning a vehicle and that location charges the wrong amount or wrong credit card. Calling the corporate number, the National team members can’t lend any assistance. They will direct the customer to that local office. If it’s a completely incompetent branch like Des Moines, IA, the customer will NEVER reach or hear back from anyone regardless how many calls are placed or how many voice messages are left. By the way, The Des Moines location is by far the worst of the National branches with dirty cars (mud covered seats is a regular occurrence) and on more than one occasion, I've found rotting food under the seats of vehicles.
As for the app, it’s not very user friendly, especially when it comes to downloading and forwarding receipts. The app will direct he user to the company website which is also poor designed and managed. The only redeeming quality about National is that most locations will allow regulars to pick their own vehicle by avoiding the counter. Otherwise I would gladly jump to Avis or Hertz.
First time awful experience with National
I have been an Executive elite member of Emerald National for over 10 years. Been renting from National for over 10 Years.
Never had any issue except this time around. The vehicle had no working windshield fluid, no fluids in the reservoir and after I added my own it did not work meaning it was not working at all. Here in Montreal and travel to QC I had to stop frequently to clean the windshield so I could actually see where I was going. Really risky.
Also my very first time experience with CS at National to change drop off location CS rep and even the supervisor really played it ignorant and tried to push me to the rental pick up location in Montreal which the location never ever pick up their phone. CS basically tried to pass the responsibility to the location and they would not even stay on the phone to see if anyone will pick up so they could probably have a different approach if they did not.
I guess there is always a first for every thing. I will continue renting with National but no longer at Montreal airport location.
I have been with National Car rental over 20 years. Even getting to the top level I still don't feel National as a company care about me as a loyal customer. First of all cars are not very clean and when I complaint no one returns the call or send email as promised. You would think for a loyal customer get to the top level National would guarantee there always a car for their loyal customer instead that is not the case. They actually turn me away.
As for the apps it depends on the time of the day you reserve your car the price changed so fast. Many times the apps gets hang up it wouldn't work right I called in National representative actually gave me a price is much higher. I told them I have the record trying to reserve the car at a cheaper rate and they wouldn't honor it even though it is their faults with their computer glitches.
There are a few times I get to the airport trying to pickup the cars that I like the manager would not allow me to do so because it is not convenience for them to move the car that was blocking the one I wanted. And usually they have pretty bad attitude toward me for asking.
Again I can't see National as a company in the end it is all about money and not customer service. These are the same companies that when they are going through hardship they would cry to the governments and customers asking for help. It is such a shame.
- National Car Rental
- 68.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 National Car Rental
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.