National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning
By Cengage Learning
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Subscriptions to National Geographic Explorer are now available for download.
Optimized for the new iPad!
National Geographic Explorer for home learning includes stories about animals, the environment, science, and world cultures. Explorer engages with worldwide adventures in learning.
Annual subscription: $19.99 (10 issues—January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and November)
Monthly Subscription: $1.99 per month (10 issues—January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and November)
Single issues: $3.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic Explorer magazine are available starting with the August 2012 issue.
· Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
· Subscription automatically renews unlessauto-renew is turned off 24-hours before the end of the current period.
· Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will beprovided.
· Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
· No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
· Any unused portion of a free trial, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to the publication.
What's New in Version 2.1
Fixes issue related to iOS6 devices.
Entertaining and educational
Our boys absolutely love this magazine. Our school would sometimes hand out Nat Geo material, but not often enough given how much they loved it. So I was pleased to find this app. It presents the quality material you'd expect from National Geographic, with wonderful photographs and videos. We don't home school, but there are teaching notes for those who do. It's only published during the traditional school year, though!! With the latest update it works offline, so we can read on vacation when there is no wifi available! (For those who are wondering, you manage subscriptions like this within your iTunes account, either on your computer or iPad, after you've made the in-app purchase. This is outlined in the Details on the app in the Store)
Does not work
This would be a great app if it worked properly. I purchased the October 2012 magazine today. It took a few tries to download it, but once it worked, it was great. The kids read half of it, and we saved the rest for later in the day. When we went back to read it, it was gone. I keep trying to download it again, but I am getting an error message. I can’t access the magazine that I paid $3.99 for today. Please fix the problem or refund my money.
App does not work correctly
My children love this magazine, but the app stopped working correctly. The magazine will download, they start reading and then the downloaded magazine disappears and will not download again. Error pops up stating to retry download. Time waster. I want access to the magazines I purchased.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 29, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cengage Learning, Inc.
- © 2014 National Geographic Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning$19.99
- National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning - Jan/Feb 2013$3.99
- National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning - Oct 2012$3.99
- National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning - Sept 2012$3.99
- National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning - Aug 2012$3.99
- National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning - Nov/Dec 2012$3.99
- National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning - Apr 2013$3.99
- National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning - May 2013$3.99
- National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning - Oct 2013$3.99
- National Geographic Explorer for Home Learning - Aug 2013$3.99