A source of endless inspiration for the everyday explorer and the insatiably curious, the National Geographic app reveals new insights into cultures, ideas, and discoveries through high-definition storytelling. Your free account gives you access to a personalized feed of the topics you love.
groundbreaking articles by pioneers in storytelling.
by award-winning photos.
over 3,000 captivating videos.
our rich history through curated archives dating back to 1888.
National Geographic App subscription offer details:
- Annual subscription: $19.99 (12 issues)
- Monthly subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
- Single issues: $4.99/issue
- Subscriptions do not include content from magazines published by National Geographic Partners, LLC other than the National Geographic magazine.
• Payment will be processed through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew per the billing cycle of your subscription (i.e., monthly or yearly) 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account.
• The renewal charge for your Subscription shall be the same as the original purchase price, unless you are otherwise notified in advance.
• To avoid the billing of fees for the next Subscription period, you must switch off your monthly or yearly Subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• You will not receive a refund for the fees you already paid for you current Subscription period and you will continue to have access to your Subscription until the end of your current Subscription period.
• National Geographic provides no refunds and you may cancel auto-renewal at any time. All sales are final.
• After purchase via iTunes, you will have unlimited access on this device. To activate full subscription benefits on natgeo.com or activate the National Geographic mobile app on another of your supported devices, you will need to set up a NationalGeographic.com profile.
Enjoy an entirely reimagined and all-encompassing experience. Magazine subscribers receive full-access to thousands of articles, award-winning photography, immersive videos, and a curated magazine archive. Sign-in to create a personalized feed, tailored to your interests.
Ratings and Reviews
High-definition, high-impact storytelling from across the globe.
New update doesn’t allow for downloading magazine issues
The NGM app has always been somewhat of a challenge, but this new update gets rid of decades of tradition by departing from the magazine format and linking only to specific feature articles. There is also no way to download/save the issues or the individual articles; they reload every time you reopen them. The whole point of a magazine is having it available to you wherever you go, not having to repeatedly download parts of it. Horrible update; strongly recommend you return to the true magazine format.
Easy to use Features lets the amazing reporting shine
App allows easy access to great coverage by National Geographic
- National Geographic Partners, LLC
- 125.9 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © National Geographic Partners
- In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine $1.99
- National Geographic magazine $19.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2012 issue $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.