National Geographic Magazine
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ranked best among newsstand apps for 2012 by Apple. National Geographic magazine is available on iPhone and iPad. Subscribe once and get National Geographic magazine on both devices. Existing print and digital subscribers get complimentary access to both editions.
Here are details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $19.99 (12 issues)
Monthly subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
Single issues: $4.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic magazine for iPad start with our February 2011 issue and November 2012 for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
About the National Geographic Society
The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology, and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.
What's New in Version 2.5.0
- General bug fixes
Questions or comments, please direct to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-800-895-2068
I'm happy to see that the app is finally being optimized for the iPhone 6 and 6 plus. The text size (smaller) in the articles is a welcomed improvement.
I would say that more work is needed on the general UI - on my 6 plus the UI of each issue still occurs very large on the screen and could be reduced in size to make better use of screen space. It still looks like the general UI for each magazine issue was designed for a small phone like the 4s or 5 and looks too blown up on the 6 plus.
Not sure what happened but the app just became nearly unusable. Can't swipe between articles, pictures aren't loading properly, and even the article pages have some weird border problem across the top. This is on an iPhone 6 Plus.
Thoroughly botched, clearly wasn't tested
The May 2015 update clearly wasn't tested. Botched everything. Can't navigate by swiping anymore, most pictures are inaccessible, and what pictures do come up scale wrong. The article text works, but abandon all hope ye who enter here expecting pictures.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 18, 2015
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine$19.99
- National Geographic magazine$1.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2012 issue$4.99
- October 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2011 Issue $4.99
- December 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine March 2012 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine June 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine June 2015 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine May 2011 Issue$4.99