National Geographic Magazine
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ranked best among newsstand apps for 2012 by Apple. National Geographic magazine is available on iPhone and iPad. Subscribe once and get National Geographic magazine on both devices. Existing print and digital subscribers get complimentary access to both editions.
Here are details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $19.99 (12 issues)
Monthly subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
Single issues: $4.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic magazine for iPad start with our February 2011 issue and November 2012 for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
About the National Geographic Society
The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology, and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.
What's New in Version 2.4.9
Fixes issue with streaming video when iPhone is rotated from portrait to landscape (iOS8)
Minor bug fixes (mostly for iOS8 users)
Can't access my issues or library without wifi? Really?
With ios8 whenever I am not connected to Internet (which is all of the times while commuting when I want to use this app) I cannot access my issues! Says constantly downloading but never does. Even old ones that should be there! When I do connect to wifi (in office or at home) everything loads, but then when I disconnect it disappears. The whole purpose of his app is to let me read my issues anytime anywhere without Internet. This has been going on for a month, and needs to be addressed or i will be canceling and asking for a refund.
Horrible App amazing magazine
I'm in love with National Geographic since I was a child. I got the subscription to the iPad version and I always have problems of crashing or having to download again and again the purchased issues. They have not done anything to fix it and the times I contacted the customer service never get an answer. The times that the App is working I have to say that they did it really well but there are more times that the App don't work so I'm getting frustrated and planning to stop my so far 3 years subscription.i wish they read the comments to get a good improvement of the App.
The only digital magazine I've read (and I subscribe to more than a dozen) that is better than print. More features, interactive, engaging, spectacular (and more) imagery, games etc. it draws you in. NatGeo is the benchmark. Finally, I'll add that until this app, I never subscribed to the print NatGeo. Only read it occasionally.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 28, 2014
- Version: 2.4.9
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine$19.99
- National Geographic magazine$1.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2012 issue$4.99
- October 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2011 Issue $4.99
- December 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine March 2012 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine June 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine May 2011 Issue$4.99
- January 2012 Issue$4.99