National Geographic Magazine
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
National Geographic magazine is available on iPhone and iPad. Subscribe once and get National Geographic magazine on both devices. Existing print and digital subscribers get complimentary access to both editions.
Here are details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $19.99 (12 issues)
Monthly subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
Single issues: $4.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic magazine for iPad start with our February 2011 issue and November 2012 for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
About the National Geographic Society
The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology, and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
General bug fixes and optimizations for iOS10
One star's not even worth the d*** thing
I forgot about the promo subscription last July but then I got membership card in my actual, physical, mail box this month(Nov). Reset the password and tried to log in but it keeps saying Authentication Failed. Went to support page stating those I mentioned above and selecting "iPad" with scroll down menu, the person responded to me asked the exact questions I just gave them the answer to in the first place (What's the error message and what type of tablet am I using)
As always, the content provided by the people at Nat Geo is fantastic. However, the app is not as great.
First off, photos are not expandable. Secondly, my place is never saved when I read an article and leave the app halfway. I have learned to avoid closing the app for this reason, but it's still an issue because the same thing happens when I receive calls of any sort.
I got access to this app after buying a subscription through Apple News. The Apple News experience is much better.
First, the app needs to be updated to support the 12.9" iPad Pro. It looks terrible. Part of this would be to permit portrait use' my iPad screen is larger than a physical copy of National Geographic magazine.
Second, it is odd that digital subscriptions don't seem to give you access to the archives.
Update: The terrible app and lack of access to back issues within the app ended up being deal breakers, and I canceled my subscription.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 15, 2016
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Partners
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine$19.99
- National Geographic magazine$1.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2012 issue$4.99
- October 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2011 Issue $4.99
- December 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine March 2012 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine June 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine May 2011 Issue$4.99
- January 2012 Issue$4.99