National Geographic Magazine
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ranked best among newsstand apps for 2012 by Apple. National Geographic magazine is available on iPhone and iPad. Subscribe once and get National Geographic magazine on both devices. Existing print and digital subscribers get complimentary access to both editions.
Here are details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $19.99 (12 issues)
Monthly subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
Single issues: $4.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic magazine for iPad start with our February 2011 issue and November 2012 for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
About the National Geographic Society
The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology, and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.
What's New in Version 2.4.9
Fixes issue with streaming video when iPhone is rotated from portrait to landscape (iOS8)
Minor bug fixes (mostly for iOS8 users)
The reviews definitely don't reflect the experience I've had with this app. It runs very smoothly on both my iPad and iPhone and I love having access to my favorite magazine digitally. I like the added content you can get by going digital, too - it's still the same great magazine, true to its original form, and not choked by too much flashy digital content or anything like that, but does include subtle niceties such as time-lapse videos and interactive maps that you couldn't get in the print version.
Using my login I'm able to access back issues of the magazine at National Geographic's website, although I'm not able to access the current month's version which I've already paid for. Hopefully that will be fixed soon, as I really love the flexibility of reading National Geographic from anywhere.
Reviews almost scared me away
Usually the review consensus matches my experience. However, I have had no problem at all and am surprised by so many bad reviews. The magazine looks and technically works perfectly. I even attempted to duplicate various tech related problems others had (turning off wifi and trying to access, etc etc). I really find no technical issues and have enjoyed the issue. The reason I am not giving 5 stars because the quality of the writing is not quite up to par (but not terrible).
Can't access my issues or library without wifi? Really?
With ios8 whenever I am not connected to Internet (which is all of the times while commuting when I want to use this app) I cannot access my issues! Says constantly downloading but never does. Even old ones that should be there! When I do connect to wifi (in office or at home) everything loads, but then when I disconnect it disappears. The whole purpose of his app is to let me read my issues anytime anywhere without Internet. This has been going on for a month, and needs to be addressed or i will be canceling and asking for a refund.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 28, 2014
- Version: 2.4.9
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine$19.99
- National Geographic magazine$1.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2012 issue$4.99
- October 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2011 Issue $4.99
- December 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine March 2012 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine June 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine May 2011 Issue$4.99
- January 2012 Issue$4.99