National Geographic Traveler Magazine
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
National Geographic Traveler is the world’s most widely read travel magazine. Through powerful storytelling and photography, each issue inspires curious readers with stories that show the transformative power of travel. Go beyond the usual tourist fare for authentic experiences—many from a local’s point of view—with expert advice and tips for travel that is sustainable and smart.
Download National Geographic Traveler magazine for iPad and get a sample issue for free. Existing print subscribers can now get complimentary access to the issues for iPad*.
Here are the details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $19.99 (6 issues)
Monthly subscription: $1.99 per month (6 issues)
Single issues: $3.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic Traveler magazine are available starting with our Jan/Feb 2012 issue.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current subscription period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
Need help? Contact us at 1-866-808-0818 or
The April/May 2016 issue of National Geographic Traveler magazine includes...
See the World in a Lifetime: Seven trips, seven continents, seven decades. We’ll take you from zero to seventy and beyond, whether it’s a road trip through the United States’ Southwest with a kindergartner, a European city crawl perfect for twentysomethings, or an epic Antarctic adventure for folks who think they’ve seen it all.
Varanasi in Living Color: In India’s holy haven commotion and the divine intertwine. Pilgrims come to the Ganges, the country’s sacred river, to worship and wash away sins, and visitors will find that spirituality courses through the soul of this ancient city.
World Legacy Awards: Not every tourism enterprise can call itself sustainable, but these five winners of our annual World Legacy Awards not only earned the top ecotourism titles, they raised the globe’s cultural and green-travel standards.
And much more…
*Complimentary iPad access in not available for introductory print subscription offers.
What's New in Version 1.8.8
App icon and branding updates
Landscape orientation only
I'm a printed subscriber and just activated the digital edition so that I can read on my iPad. Unfortunately, the magazine only has landscape orientation not portrait (I've tried to rotate the page and choose protrait orientation in mobile app but it either rotates 180 degree or does nothing). It's very challenging to read and resize in landscape mode. It's a pity that the mobile app doesn't deliver a simliar experience to other magaines from other publishers with such great contents. Please include the portrait orientation in the mobile app soon.
Save your money. This was a good tablet magazine until these morons changed it to a landscape only orientation "scan" of a hard copy. Worst part, they made a big mistake but won't man up and admit it. All recent reviews are bad but they're sticking to their guns rather than going back to the old format that worked. Subscription cancelled.
Long time subscriber- magazine now unreadable
Landscape only view is impossible to read. Cannot imagine the editorial staff of this beautiful magazine to have done any user testing before releasing this app. Please quickly restore the portrait page view or start refunding subscriptions starting with mine.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 08, 2015
- Version: 1.8.8
- Size: 12.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic Traveler Magazine$15.99
- National Geographic Traveler Magazine$1.99
- National Geographic Traveler$3.99
- March 2012 Issue$3.99
- December 2012 Issue$3.99
- November 2012 Issue$3.99
- May 2012 Issue$3.99
- National Geographic Traveler Dec/Jan 2013/2014 Issue$3.99
- August 2012 Issue$3.99
- June 2012 Issue$3.99