By National Review
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The National Review magazine app delivers smooth sailing across America’s most widely read and influential magazine of conservative news and opinion. Read all National Review print-magazine content on your tablet, phone, or smartwatch (Apple Watch). Scroll through and select issues on a handsome stacked carousel, and move through individual issues in several ways using smart navigation features. Within issues, press a story you want to read on the table of contents, and instantly jump to that story. When you are done reading, jump back to the table of contents and select another story. Double tap to zoom in on a story, or press the Text button for a beautifully rendered text version. Single tap to expose tools to clip content to share with friends on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, or by way of e-mail. All of your issue downloads are stored on your device, available for viewing anywhere and anytime.
The National Review app is free to download. All readers may explore issues for several minutes before being presented with purchase options.
Single issues are available for $1.99, monthly subscriptions for $2.99, and annual subscriptions for $19.99.
National Review Pricing:
• Single Issue Price - USD $1.99*
• Subscription 1 Month - USD $2.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD $19.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
What's New in Version 9.0.1
This update will make the reading and consumption experience even more enjoyable and fluid, with small design tweaks and upgrades for overall improved performance.
New format unhelpful (May 2016)
National Review, an excellent journal of sensible, informed opinion and analysis, just completely revamped its app. The result is a disaster. The biggest disappointments are the inability to view all of the covers at a time, making it impossible to see recent issues at a glance, and the horrid "text" feature, which unlike the very nice previous versions opens a text window in the bottom half of the screen. Who thought that was a good idea? Probably the pajama boy NR has recently been lambasting. The positive: the app is less unusable than the current iteration of the NR website. Whoever designed that monstrosity clearly never tried to search for a specific article on it!
Works for me
I don't have a problem with the "text" view / button...gives me two reading options. Would be nice to see all the library at once, but that's not such a big deal. Otherwise, it works fine.
New app worthless
You are now greeted with a HUGE banner add for a cruise, and an incredibly small single icon representing all issues. No grid, no list, no easy way to explore issues.
This is the worst magazine app available in 2016, possibly the worst app in general.
The most infuriating thing is that the app was decent before they updated it, so they intentionally made it into the useless pos it is today.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 25, 2016
- Version: 9.0.1
- Size: 24.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German
- Seller: National Review, Inc.
- © National Review 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Review for iOS$19.99
- National Review Auto-Renewing subscription$19.99
- National Review for iOS$11.99
- National Review Auto-Renewing subscription$11.99
- National Review Issue 69$1.99
- Dec 31, 2011 issue of National Review$1.99
- Sep 10, 2012 issue of National Review$1.99
- Apr 2, 2012 issue of National Review$1.99
- Jul 9, 2012 issue of National Review$1.99
- February 15, 2016$1.99