By National Review
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
National Review, America’s most widely read and influential magazine of conservative news and opinion, is available for your iPad and iPhone. Subscribe and enjoy every word and illustration that’s in the print edition as soon as each new issue is released. App features include issue library, magazine-reproduction view, double-tap zoom in/out, text views for all content (tap once on text or hit the "text" tabs), interactive table of contents (jump to the article or section of your choice), quick-return tabs for the table of contents, and several ways to navigate (swipe, sidebar tabs, and issue carousel). All of your downloads are stored on your device, available for viewing anywhere and anytime.
How to access National Review on your iPad or iPhone:
● Download the app for free!
● If you are an existing National Review/Digital subscriber, log in via the National Review app to access all the digitized issues within your subscription period.
● Current non-subscribers can subscribe within the National Review app. Auto-Renewable in-app subscriptions are available at 6 months for $11.99 or 12 months for $19.99. These auto-renewable subscriptions can be turned off at any time via the iTunes account settings on your device.
● Complete archived issues may be purchased individually for $1.99.
● Any article or section may be purchased for $0.99.
-- SUBSCRIPTIONS AVAILABLE --
1 Year Auto-Renew for $19.99
6 Months Auto-Renew for $11.99
-- SUBSCRIPTIONS AUTO-RENEW --
Subscriptions will process automatically to your Apple iTunes payment method. To cancel your auto-renew subscription please access your iTunes account settings. Download the free National Review magazine app, then follow the prompts to buy complete issues. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Send any questions, comments, and support requests to email@example.com. Visit us on the web at www.nationalreview.com.
What's New in Version 8.3.1
- Fixes to better support iOS 8.
- Improved reader. Much faster view and zoom.
- Improvements to general stability and performance.
- New native UI
- IN ORDER TO RESTORE YOUR PREVIOUS PURCHASES, PLEASE TAP ON THE WHEEL IN THE TOP RIGHT OF THE SCREEN AND ON "IN-APP RESTORE".
Hurray! You fixed it
When the app worked, it was great. One nit, it should be possible for long-time subscribers (i.e., loyal customers) to have free access to past issues that they have already paid for. (I've been a subscriber since the mid-1980s.)
The current non-functioning 'update' is intolerable. This app gets 4 stars AFTER they fix the crash-upon-open bug.
Ok. So I deleted and reinstalled. That fixes the crash. But then I had to re-download all the issues I had already downloaded. Big waste of time. As promised, I upgraded the app to 4 stars, but if I have to re-download my data every time you folks come out with a new version, I may revise downward.
And I still wish I had access to issues I already own as hardcopy.
Installed upgrade. Didn't have to re-download copy. You now have five stars from me.
UPDATE Dec. 11, 2012
Here we go again. Upgrade crashes and I can't access anything.
Update April 18, 2015
Crashing again. And I can't access issues I already own. And I can't open my new issue.
Please, please fix.
National Review is a must-read for thinking human beings whether they be conservatives or libertarians. But this app leaves a lot to be desired. My main complaint is that it's too easy to go into the Text mode by inadvertently tapping the screen while reading.
The only way to go into Text mode should be hitting the "Text" button. Right now, I find myself frequently switching between the modes without intending to.
Stand athwart crappy app
Love NR, have since I was an undergrad.
Gave up on NROTD to go digital.
Two major issues (no pun intended):
1. Have to be connected to go to text mode...not good. Lemme have the text I'm paying for offline, please.
2. Much Bigger Problem: Suddenly, inexplicably stops working and goes to black screen. Only solution has been to completely delete app and reload. Not good if you're on a flight which I was both times so far that this has happened! Help, developers! Save my NR!
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 14, 2015
- Version: 8.3.1
- Size: 11.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Review, Inc.
- © National Review 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Review for iOS$19.99
- National Review for iOS$11.99
- National Review Auto-Renewing subscription$19.99
- National Review Auto-Renewing subscription$11.99
- Dec 31, 2011 issue of National Review$1.99
- Sep 10, 2012 issue of National Review$1.99
- Apr 2, 2012 issue of National Review$1.99
- Jul 9, 2012 issue of National Review$1.99
- Feb 20, 2012 issue of National Review$1.99